Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be moving to Greenville's surrounding area. What do you guys think? Is it nice? How is the weather and things to do?

·
Registered
13,302 Posts
Greenville is very nice. They are really improving their downtown area. Also depends on what you want and looking for...

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
i came here from the philly area
im never moving away

like mentioned it depends on what your looking for but i love everything about it here
people are nice, weathers great, economy isnt in the shitter

are you being transferred here for work ?

if you really wanna save alot of cash and have plenty of land look in fountain inn and outskirts of mauldin
right outside of greenville

and prepare to slow down your lifestyle alot, but in a good way

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. It snows there? I am surprised. I am potentially leaving Chicago area where I am sick of the cold. Lived here all my life. I was hoping for great weather all the time. And great tracks to go racing!! How about home prices?

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Been here 30 yrs now. It is hot and humid in the hot part of summer. It is not common to see snow the past 30 yrs I've been here. We do get some snow but it doesn't last long normally. Average temp in winter is about 55 during the day and normally sunny. My friends ride motor cycles all year round and SS dragway never closes weather permitting they T&T every Sun. Greer Dragway races every Sat starting in early March and the Turkey trot is the last race and in Nov. What you like to do will determine how much there is to do. You like to eat out and go to dinner shows, clubs, you may not enjoy it here. You like to spend time with the family and kids boating, racing, fishing, hiking, bicycleing, playing in your pool and BBQing you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
dirt cheap

and dont worry about the snow, i have been here for two winters, it snowed once and was about 4 inches
and the whole state shuts down then it gets warm in a day or two and it all melts

there is quite a few tracks within an hour or so drive of greenville
greer
ware shoals
union
shady side

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really appreciate the answers guys, thanks. Is there anywhere close that has a combo of what your talking about with outdoors and some more urban life. The wife won't be to hip on it if she can't shop and at least have some restaurants to go too.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,170 Posts
ANYTHING WOULD BE BETTER THAN CHICAGO

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why do you say that? Have you lived here? Housing and weather and taxes SUCK but it is really great for "living" if not for those things. I would love Chicago in a different area that has nicer weather year round and cheaper to live!

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,170 Posts
Why do you say that? Have you lived here? Housing and weather and taxes SUCK but it is really great for "living" if not for those things. I would love Chicago in a different area that has nicer weather year round and cheaper to live!
I THOUGHT HOUSING WEATHER AND TAXES WERE LIVING?....WHAT THE PHUCK ELSE IS THERE?.....MAYBE YOU SHOULD STAY THERE?....JUST A THOUGHT....FUCKING YANKEES

·
Registered
94 Posts
I live about 45 minutes away up by the mountains and it's a nice area. Lots to do in "Greenvegas", as we call it, and overall great place to live. Other than the humidity, I love it and wouldn't want to live any where else. As long as you stay away from Shotanburg (Spartanburg SC) you will love it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am talking everyday life stuff is good. Not talking about the other things that go along with it. It's not an argument here. You don't live South anymore you live North so I don't know why you're making that comment!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was born very close to Greenville, Anderson S.C. I worked construction and drove over the road all over 48 state and Canada.Wouldn't even think of living anywhere else but upstste S.C. theres lakes, rivers, racing, partying, backyard grillin, camping and dang near anything else you can think of doing minutes away...... just my humble opinion.....:smt035

·
Registered
13,302 Posts
I really appreciate the answers guys, thanks. Is there anywhere close that has a combo of what your talking about with outdoors and some more urban life. The wife won't be to hip on it if she can't shop and at least have some restaurants to go too.

Lance, never been to Chicago, but I did live in Buffalo for 40 years. She will find shopping, may have to drive a little. You may never find the food you are used to if its anything like Buffalo. Big swings in temperature is what surprised me. Buffalo went from -20 to 90, here it can go from 10 to 100. Its been 15 years for me and I have zero desire to return north.

Greenville is very small so be ready for all the small town positives and negatives.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
we lived outside of philly and i grew up in newark, we were very used to driving into nyc for the qweekend, my girlfriend was quite the shopper and i have to say, theres nothing up there that they dont have down here (except good pizza and pierogies)

ive been to chicago a couple of times, it just wasnt for me
i think you will be very happy with the move

spartanburg is a dump, lots of crime about a 30-45 minute drive north of greenville
im assuming they call it greenvegas cause theres a ton of stuff to do

1 - 20 of 91 Posts