Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,269 Posts
I watched the ice bowl with my entire family screaming when he snuck over the line when I was eight years old. He was a legend, for sure.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Yep, a legend. Infamous ice bowl comes to mind. We were at Lambeau a couple of years ago and he was there with a couple of other old Packers. Is was clear that he was deteriorating then.

Only being a Packers fan for 15+ years and was going to start getting some jerseys. His is on the short list.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I saw him in Billings Mt about 20 years ago and he looked like the last man in the world that you would think was a star quarterback

·
Aviation Section
25,579 Posts
I read his book when I was in High School, he was the man! R.I.P. Dave

·
DamCoonass
15,327 Posts
Before the Saints arrived I was a GB fan... him throwing the long ball to Carroll Dale & Boyd Dowler was fun to watch.

·
Aviation Section
25,579 Posts
Before the Saints arrived I was a GB fan... him throwing the long ball to Carroll Dale & Boyd Dowler was fun to watch.
Look up Norman Hodgins, he was the quarterback when I was at Rummel in the 70's, he went to LSU as a wide receiver and later went into the NFL as a defensive back. He does a lot of motivational speaking today.

One of his stories when he was with the Bears is he had the line and the speed on John Riggens and was going to crush him. John actually ran over him and Norman woke up looking out of his earhole in his helmet wondering what just happened!

Dave

·
Registered
19,137 Posts
..One of his stories when he was with the Bears is he had the line and the speed on John Riggens and was going to crush him. John actually ran over him and Norman woke up looking out of his earhole in his helmet wondering what just happened!

Dave
LOL :-D

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
R.I.P.

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
RIP Sir

1 - 18 of 18 Posts