Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am a newbie...but This weekend my buddy was racing at the "greatest Show on Earth" at Norwalk's Night under Fire....What a joke we were ther watching the show.....(which was long...and in the end was a good show..)

My buddy was there to run the Quick program doors against dragsters....

He said he spent $300 in fuel to get the the track....over $ 600 in tickets to get in with crew and family.
(not to mention money spent at track for food and etc.....)

In the end he did qualify for the race and lost in the first round......the prize was HUGE!!

$50.....Priceless.

What a joke.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Sorry you had a bad experience but another 29999 people would have to disagree. Including me always a great show and awesome fire works.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
I know I am a newbie...but This weekend my buddy was racing at the "greatest Show on Earth" at Norwalk's Night under Fire....What a joke we were ther watching the show.....(which was long...and in the end was a good show..)

My buddy was there to run the Quick program doors against dragsters....

He said he spent $300 in fuel to get the the track....over $ 600 in tickets to get in with crew and family.
(not to mention money spent at track for food and etc.....)

In the end he did qualify for the race and lost in the first round......the prize was HUGE!!

$50.....Priceless.

What a joke.
Sounds to me he has to;
1) work on his junk
2) learn how to cut a light
:confused:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Seriously, I am pretty sure as race as large as Norwalks Night Under Fire has an advertised purse. No need in not knowing what you are racing for before you leave the house, and no need to complain if you don't.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol...so you two (who i assume don't have a race car....)..think 50 bucks is a fair amount to qualify at the greatest show on earth?

·
Registered
366 Posts
lol...so you two (who i assume don't have a race car....)..think 50 bucks is a fair amount to qualify at the greatest show on earth?
Did I say it was a "fair" amount? I simply stated that one should know what they are racing for before striking off on an estimated $1,000 trip.

And for clarification I don't have a car, and apparently the race you are complaining about didn't directly affect you either(since you were not the one who was racing), so why are you complaining?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did I say it was a "fair" amount? I simply stated that one should know what they are racing for before striking off on an estimated $1,000 trip.

And for clarification I don't have a car, and apparently the race you are complaining about didn't directly affect you either(since you were not the one who was racing), so why are you complaining?

it just seemed like for all the money the track made and costs to the owners...they could have spread it aroung more to the drivers.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
it just seemed like for all the money the track made and costs to the owners...they could have spread it aroung more to the drivers.
OH so its class envy??? So because the Bader Family made money on it you feel you are some how entitled to it. All those folks in the stands didn't come to see you lose first round. They came to watch John and Ashley Force and a field of Funny Cars and Jet Cars. Did the advertising say anything about you being there???? I think not........ Most series don't payout till the quarter finals....... some not to the semi's...... It probably cost them over $200k to put that event together....... and if it rains they are shit out of luck

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
No one ever said racing will make you rich! Nor will it pay back what you spend to go . It's tough to make any money racing. That's why its a hobby, a vey expensive hobby. If you can't afford to do it, get out. You should figure on making some money , not alot.

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
Funny, when I think of "Greatest Show on Earth" I think of New Year's Eve at the Playboy mansion. :)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The way you make a small fortune drag racing is you start out with a large one. There are many days I wish I left the track with 50 bucks....
No one has ever said drag racing is a smart way to spend your money. If it was everyone would do it....

·
Registered
301 Posts
The best part of the entire weekend was hearing John Force say "Shit" over the P.A. during his pre race interview with Billy Bader.

Now that was priceless.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Did they force your buddy to run his car at the N.U.F?The last time I checked you had to sign up for the extreme 16 so he should of check the pay out before he raced.Hell you fast guys ran during the show and in front of about 50,000 people.When I ran first round it was 2:15am and we raced infront of all the drunk people that were leaning over the wall then second round was run at 5:20am and I chucked my drive shaft and tore up a bunch of shit so the $10 I got did not do nothing for me but I still had a great time.

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
Ray, were you at the track with Jerry last weekend?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts