Yellow Bullet Forums banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Mike
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Getting rid of the Euro-max tent, and going more conventional, with out taking out permits.It's supposed to be 20 x 25, but they short shipped me 2 columns, and I'm 10' short right now. Thunder, and lightning all weekend, but this much is up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looking good, space is something we never have enough of it seems.. if you get a chance can you send closer pictures of the rear wheels? If it's something a guy can do at home I would be very interested knowing more about them, what is required to perform the surgery and would do them on my C3. Just read thru the entire thread very nice car/work. If I'm not mistaken you purchased the car from another gentleman on here who also had a thread on the car from what I gathered? Very cool that even though it was sold we all get to see the continued progress!

·
Mike
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Looking to get more ground clearance, this is 4.5 at the pan, but my garage has drainage , so this is not on level ground. I called Menscer today, and ordered new springs. These are 350 lb springs, gonna try the 400s to try, and not be too stiff up front.

·
Mike
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
OK slow news night. I switched out the black ANs for polished, so I could break up the black theme that was getting a bit too much. Also got some NOS dishes, I could not keep up with the rust popping out. My friend will pick up the NOS tomorrow to buff them out, I'll just swith out the center caps, they seem to be doing OK.

·
Mike
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Got the NOS SS dishes mounted with the caps, not as blingy, but I hope they have more rust resistance than the repops.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
.....at the risk of being considered a dissenter - I think your car has a very vintage-stealth look to it.......but, those beadlocks give the game away - get rid of them and just go with widened rallies....

·
Mike
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #192 (Edited)
Everyone's opinion is valued. I will be looking at possibly doing a double bead lock, or a 15x12 wheel for the street after moving the back frame rails. Going to Tennessee Thursday with the Wife, and daughter. Right now is dealing with wife stress for traveling, and it's a bitch. Honeymooners comes to mind. Pow, zoom right to the moon, save on air fair. And I'm not going to add a smiley....

·
Mike
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
OK, working on ride height for the front. I was at 2" header clearance, oil pan a little less, I changed out the 350# springs, and got 2 1/2 at the pan. Next was to cut down the shock buckets. First time ever using a lathe was an interesting experience, and I cut 1 3/4" out of those. I now have something to work with. I can keep the 400# springs, and lower the adjuster, or put the 350# springs back in, and see where it sits. The new ride height is 5" at the pan now, but there are no fluids , and the exhaust is not on, I'm thinking to leave it alone for now, till I get closer to completion.

·
Mike
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #195 (Edited)
HAHA, thank you, got a bunch more touching to do still.
OK I lied I couldn't keep walking by without trying to see the nose back down. I have 3 1/2" to the back of the pan, and the tire is back in the fender well a little better now.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts