Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody knows of a good place to stay? Things to do? Good place to eat? What not to do? Things to lookout for? Trying to plan a trip there next June. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
There is not a lot of choices there..If you wanna do the donkey ride down in the canyon you gatta book it now..they are always like 9 months backed up on that.There is a real nice lodge in the grand canyon,it is a little pricy tho.We stayed just outside the entrance at a real nice place..."The grand hotel at the grand cayon"888/634-7263 or 928/638-3333 It is on the southern rim and it's beautiful if you have any kids The moose will walk right up to you so be careful kids might spook em..

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!
20,992 Posts
Budget?? If you're kinda open on your budget, go to Vegas and take the helicopter or bus tour. Much more to do in Vegas. Or rent a car in Vegas and drive. You pass the Hoover Dam to get there. Or if you do the helicopter tour, you fly over it, Lake Mead, etc. It's a very nice ride. A lil rough on the motion sickness thing, but we survived. ;) It's a 45 minute helicopter flight, each way.

Way more to do in Vegas..I say plan your trip around that and then plan a day to spend at the Canyon.

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
Scorpions!...
You don't wanna do scorpions!...

In ALL seriousness, Puddin' had an excellent idea (no crotch hug)!... :cool:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
We went rafting down the col river for 5 days camped out on the shore at night had the time of our lives

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
havent been there yet, but my advice is when you ease out to the edge to look over, take one less step than what you were planning to take.

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!
20,992 Posts
They said that where you see lighter colored rock is not low water level, but the rock actually rising. If I remember right...and if the guy wasn't full of it..

·
SomeWhat Jaded
4,772 Posts
just showed the pics to my GF...cool pics amanda/thnx for sharing.

we ordered the arizona tourist guide thingy off the web early last week...we are considering a trip out there ourselves last seek of january '12

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I would love to go out and do the Sky Walk(?) it's the acrylic bridge that brings you out and over the Canyon..your out over the edge with nothing but clear view to the bottom as if you were flying

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
wow those pictures look amazing!
thanks Puddin'
we will be in vegas 11-14 through 9-18 and we want to see the canyon,and the hover dam.
I will get to it tonight to make the reservations.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
We flew into Phoenix and rented a motorhome for a week. Lots of nice campgrounds around there and S California. The only vacation I didn't want to come home from. It was snowing in Flagstaff and 85 degrees in Lake Havasu City. Love it out there.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the suggestions, train ride..checked bus tour..checked Hover dam..checked Sky-walk over canyon...checked Jeep tours...checked Airplane ride...HELL NO!
Puddin..nice pics! Staying in Vegas is probably what we are going to do.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts