Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 355 with a solid roller, 12 to 1 speedpro forged pistons...would I be able to spray this motor any if so how much? I didn't know what all info to put bout the car. So if anyone needs to know anything just asked. I was just curious about it, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29,405 Posts
What is all your internals. Are you running forged, Cam specs and what kind of heads. 12:1 is not a problem.

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a like I said 12:1 forged pistons, scat I beam rods, scat cast crank. Brodix track 1's with 2.05/1.60 valves with alot of work done to them. Victor jr intake with 750 qft carb. Cam specs: Operating Range:4200-7200 RPMDuration Advertised:300° Intake / 308° ExhaustDuration @ .050'' Lift:264° Intake / 270° ExhaustValve Lift w/1.5 Rockers:.630'' Intake / .630'' ExhaustValve Setting:.026'' Intake / .028'' ExhaustLobe Separation Angle:106°

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What is a good gas to run with nitrous...I run just 110 octane Cam2 as of now..Its got 4:56 also

·
Registered
29,405 Posts
Here's 200 on a cast crank with 550 hp. A rod gave first but this was the aftermath.

Sneak up on a bigger shot. Just don't hit without tuning for it.

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it doesnt have stock rods thank god after them pictures. But ive never ran nitrous, so what all would I have to tune? Just pull 2 degrees for every 50 shot and what else?

·
Registered
29,405 Posts
Read the plugs. I really don't have the experience most of these guys have on nitrous, I read the plugs after each run until I was happy with it. My motor was a dirty build to get to the track with my buddies, but it lasted for awhile just too many hits on stock junk.

·
Registered
521 Posts
just start at the Manufactures jet chart and fuel pressure make sure chart is" new" and you will close we sprayes 325 threw Big Shot pate on almost the same combo just 383 and it was fine and loved it...

oh and plug heat .. just get some ngk 9 and be done with it

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok thats cool, is my 4:56 gears fine or should or what?

·
Registered
92 Posts
do you plan on spraying it every pass? or just once in a while? what do you have for a fuel system? Ignition? how tall is the tire on the car? what does it have for a converter?

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No Im not spraying it every pass just every now n then, I got a basic setup basically, holley blue pump with a fram filter, 6an braided line. Ignition, MSD 7AL3 box, 29" slick, 5500 8" coan converter.

·
nightmare on any street..
5,033 Posts
that Holley blue aint gonna cut it. I know a Magnaflow 500 is over kill for your setup, but I would look into that. It will be WAY more than enough to flow both engine and nitrous. Just run a fuel log at the front and run 2 seperate dead headed regularors. I would be iffy on that converter. When my car was all motor it had a 4.56 and a 5500 converter. I could spray a 150hp off the break and would do ok. It would run [email protected] on motor and [email protected] on a 150hp kit. Changed to a 10in converter and a 3.89 and ran [email protected] . But killed it on motor.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Iam not spraying as much as you,but I run a holley blue with -6 line to the reg,one side of reg feeds carb,other feeds nitrous noid. BUT......Iam only spraying 125(61n/55f).Gonna say off hand you got too much gear,just my opinion,and possibly a tighter converter would help,but you don't plan on running nitrous all the time. My car goes [email protected] mph on motor, and [email protected] on 125.....converter loves nitrous.

·
[email protected] JoeCool Performance
2,076 Posts
Don't kid yourself about using nitrous once in a while. Once you get that first fix you'll wonder how you did without it before. On your current fuel system I would not use much more than a 150 hit. I'm sure you have too much gear but just give it a shot with the small hit. Once you become an addict and decide to run nitrous on a full time basis come back and you can get all the help with your questions about how to build a fuel system on the cheap that will support as much juice as u can throw at it. Some changes will need to be made which some allready mentioned here. But you will have to commit to those changes and accept that it will hurt your all motor performance.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts