Yellow Bullet Forums banner

81 - 100 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Well Deer season is over in my neck of the woods. Its been pretty cold here for about two weeks now (0-19 degrees) and the Deer have been sticking together. This is the most Deer i`ve seen on camera since the cold came in. Coyote and fox is still in season until March 1st with bow. I have a nice Red Fox running around the property.

·
Registered
877 Posts
This last Saturday I decided to take a walk out to the woods. My property is L shaped, with my house on one end of the L. I made it a 40 back, which is one leg of the property. Most of the snow was knee deep, and there were a few times I was up to my waist. I said screw it and went back to the house..

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Took a walk to my property today in 20 inches of snow. Checked out one of my camera`s to find out that once the snow is gone, it will be open season on squrrials.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Got this on my camera last week. I`m trying to figure what it is. I want to say its a Bobcat but i was under the impression Bobcats had markings on there body.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
I hope these guys stick around until Deer season. The bear is one of two cubs from last year. I haven't seen the Mother yet but the two cubs have been all over my property. First time i`ve seen the coyote in the day time.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I had to laugh at the coon hanging in the feeder.
We cant feed/bait here. Wisconsin DNR has CWD (chronic wasting disease) on the brain, and wants to wipe out all the deer..And they claim that baiting causes the deer to congregate, and possibly spread the CWD. Ever seen the deer herd up in the winters here? Not uncommon to see 100 deer in a small area eating treetops in an area being logged, but thats ok.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
I had to laugh at the coon hanging in the feeder.
We cant feed/bait here. Wisconsin DNR has CWD (chronic wasting disease) on the brain, and wants to wipe out all the deer..And they claim that baiting causes the deer to congregate, and possibly spread the CWD. Ever seen the deer herd up in the winters here? Not uncommon to see 100 deer in a small area eating treetops in an area being logged, but thats ok.
If you look at the last picture you can see the coons had torn the door off the feeder. The timer was destroyed in the rain. I can't kill them fast enough. The squirrels and hogs have done the most damage to the feeders we have.
They push the legs out until they fall over. The squirrels chew holes in the plastic feeders. I have switched to all metal feeders with cages on the timer.

I'm in east Texas by the way. We can feed year around

·
Registered
877 Posts
I believe the split tine buck is the same one I had posted the earlier picture of. Have a ton of smaller bucks, does and fawns as well.

81 - 100 of 209 Posts