Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Smoked another CTD
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those that know me know drag racing is not the only Motorsport I work and sometimes compete in. I have been involve in sled pulling and standing mile racing also. Mostly diesels but I do some gas stuff to.

Any way some friends mine and myself decided to build a 2.6" Diesel Sled pulling truck. Been a lot of work and a lot of fun. A bunch of great people in the sport of sled pulling.
Saturday things just seemed to go our way. Resulting in our first with the truck and helped to stretch out our points lead just a bit.

Here is the on board GoPro video.

http://youtu.be/FdjiO3vYmcg

Thanks to all our friends and family that helps us and put up with us!

Special thanks to.

Wade Moody at NGM Diesel for the help selecting the parts !

Mat Cooper for being our sage voice of reason!

Race Part Solutions for all our air and oil plumbing parts!

Ron Shearer at Shearer Fabrications for the bad ass intercooler!
That was 20 seconds of WOT on an already hot motor and our IATs where Awesome the whole time at 48psi!

Caleb at Blackout Performance for the trans.

Bullseye Power for the turbo.

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
Congrats.

·
Smoked another CTD
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice.what's the setup? Looks perty dang clean
Thanks. We get it plenty dirty.

2001 Duramax, head gaskets, head studs, screw in injector cups, 40% over injectors, two high pressure fuel pumps, Bullseye TCT S475 with 2.6 legal cover, Proformance Fab exhaust manifolds and up pipes, Shearer Fabrications 2000 HP high pressure ready intercooler, and tune up by me.
Truck built drive line from GREENSBURG DRIVELINE. Suspension is by us. It a leaf sprung long ladder bar, braced rear axle.

We are putting together a new motor. Billet rods, studs everywhere, NGM Diesel cam, Brodix Heads with full race CNC porting, 200% over Exergy Injectors and so on.

·
Smoked another CTD
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys.

Zbrown
I knew what you meant by clean and I really appreciate your comment. I was just having a little fun with it. The truck usually does not get very dirty. That pull it did.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Congratulations! That's some serious abuse on engine parts and a great need for a killer chiller. A far cry from a 8sec pass in a car. Looks like a great combo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts