Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
17,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, first things first I got laid off today from the shop I worked at and managed (TN Speed Sport in Memphis). Also by laid off I mean they closed the doors on me without any warning at 9:00 am this morning.

Now, to all you guys on here who were customers of mine. I truely appreciate all the business youve given me over the years it helped us keep the doors open. Also im out of a job as of right now but ill be back somewhere shortly and when I am you all will know where I am.

To all of you phucks who live in Memphis and didnt shop with me or always bitched and ordered shit from Summit and Jegs a big FUCK YOU goes out to all of you. Thats part of and the main reason I dont have a job at somewhere I loved.

Now, ive already got calls in to a couple places but if any of you guys here need an employee im open to and entertaining all job offers.

So, on that note im gonna go do what ya do when ya get fired its beer 30.

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Comp, BTE, and I think a few other companies (Bullet, Lunati?)are in your neck of the woods. Hopefully you can hook up with one of them.

·
Registered
17,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to hear that. Comp, BTE, and I think a few other companies (Bullet, Lunati?)are in your neck of the woods. Hopefully you can hook up with one of them.
Already got calls in to BTE and Comp. Bullet and Lunati will be next.

What exactly do you do? I mean what's your skill?
Mainly sales in the high perfromance auto industry. For lack of a better way to put it the store I was managing for the past year and that I had worked at for the past three years was a whole lot like Super Shops back in their prime. Also mixed in with that was a good bit wholesale sales as well. TN Speed Sport is technically P&E Distributors.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Really sorry to hear that man. The economy is doing some weird shit around here too...I've got friends who are turning down overtime in the trades yet there are major businesses around here closing every time I turn around. Its gonna be a while before everything shakes out...I'm just sorry to hear you got screwed. Hang in there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Did they close the doors for good or just lay some off.

I buy there everyday but havent called today though.

I usually talk to John"Chris"Christopher.

I use the one in Goodletsville though.

·
Registered
17,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks man my heads up ive made enough connections and know enough people from this job to secure something. But, its still tuff to take. I really feel bad for all my customers. The weather was just turning around to cool racing weather and now the guys who bought all their parts from me are SOL.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Look at it this way - Now, you can do anything you like! Your earning potential just DOUBLED becuase you are free to pursue any option you've dreamed of.

Take you time and make smart choices. Pick a solid plan and run with it. Any job loss is shocking but 95% of the time it leads you to bigger and better things.

I would look at this from a different perspective. Don't reflect on those people who didn't buy from you, instead - embrace those that did. Take your customer base and their value and find a new way to make a living doing it.

DREAM BIG! You can do anything you want. Someone just gave you the opportunity, even if it doesn't look like it.

GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
17,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Look at it this way - Now, you can do anything you like! Your earning potential just DOUBLED becuase you are free to pursue any option you've dreamed of.

Take you time and make smart choices. Pick a solid plan and run with it. Any job loss is shocking but 95% of the time it leads you to bigger and better things.

I would look at this from a different perspective. Don't reflect on those people who didn't buy from you, instead - embrace those that did. Take your customer base and their value and find a new way to make a living doing it.

DREAM BIG! You can do anything you want. Someone just gave you the opportunity, even if it doesn't look like it.

GOOD LUCK!!
Thanks man.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Thats a shame they closed the doors. I've bought some stuff from there before when we broke shit at the track and had to have parts that day. Hate to say it but its hard to be competitive with the Jegs/Summit shops. Good luck.

Craig

·
Registered
1,539 Posts

GOOD LUCK!!
x2, and very well said.

Dennis

·
Registered
17,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry to hear that. Thats a shame they closed the doors. I've bought some stuff from there before when we broke shit at the track and had to have parts that day. Hate to say it but its hard to be competitive with the Jegs/Summit shops. Good luck.

Craig
Thanks and I truely appreciated the business.

·
The Media has an agenda!
25,768 Posts
Sincerly sorry to hear that! I am sure that your loyal customer's understand your true value and will miss what you provided for them. For those that failed to give you support don't bother to try to educate them on "bottomline economics" as they will never understand the impact on their true enjoyment vs. dollar value when it comes to the motorsports hobby...They generally spend more time telling their buddies about how fast their car is going to be than building a support team of friends and suppliers and really enjoying their car.

I was once explained this theory by the story of the 2 mechanics:

Mechanic 1 spent half his day on the phone and computer shopping for parts to fix his car and brag to his friends how "cheap" he gets his parts.

Mechanic 2 calls his local parts house and lets the local counter guy do the footwork while Mechanic 2 spends his day fixing his cars and then goes racing....

My "parts house" has always fell all over themselves to give me good service at a fair price so I can do what I do best..that's the BOTTOM LINE!

It's too bad... like most things they usually work untill the "general public" get involved...and then it all goes to hell!

YBBitch:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts