Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm NOT a computer person...managed to get a virus off of my FB account..how do I get rid of it?

·
Registered
8,460 Posts
What brand Computer? I'm not a wiz at computers either. When I had this problem I called Dell tech. support and they helped me through it. There are also shops that do this. Good Luck! I hate it when that happens!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Assuming you can access the web since you posted here , google avira antivirus and you should find a free download . Install it and let it do it's thing , it's a very good program and I have mine set up to scan my computer every night and I've had no problems since installing it .

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am at work now...when I left I could still get the internet...when I get home tonight I'll see what I can do..THANKS for the help!!

The AWESOME POWER OF THE BULLET!!!!!

·
Ask me about my Weiner!..
6,891 Posts
Start up in safe mode ( press F8 while it's booting up, then select Safe Mode With Networking. If you have trouble getting in safe mode, as soon as you press the power button, start pressing F8, press and release for about 1 second )... Once your booted in safe mode, connect to the internet. Download Malwarebytes, and Super Anti Spyware... Scan with both, one at a time.. Restart after the first one is done, reboot in safe mode, scan with the other... I bet that will fix ya.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
colt knows his stuff ....i would do what he said ...

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
ok ...first shave all pubic hair off ....then pour gas on shaved area .....then jump up and down yelling obscenities ....pray to god and say.... yb kicks ass three times ..... i find that this fixes most problems in life ..

·
6,891 Posts
ok ...first shave all pubic hair off ....then pour gas on shaved area .....then jump up and down yelling obscenities ....pray to god and say.... yb kicks ass three times ..... i find that this fixes most problems in life ..

LMFAO!!! I was wondering when ya were gonna bring that up....

·
6,891 Posts
I use AVG 2011 or SPYBOT u can get them both free off download.com never had a problem yet

They all work fairly well, some will pick things up that others wont, etc..

Do a scan with your stuff, then follow my instructions on the first page, I'm curious to see what you come up with... I can almost bet you'll find 20 infections on the low side.

I worked on a laptop last night for a lady, she had all kinds of spyware programs on that thing.. Did a scan in safemode with the programs I listed, and found, I shit you not, 2000 ( and some change ) infections. Some of the programs she had were paid programs too ( Spy Doctor and some others )... I'm not sure if I can "fix" that thing or not, probably going to require some manual removals ( which suck ).. I may have to nuke it, but thats the last resort.

Thats what sucks about this shit, not 1 program will do it all, it takes a shit load.. I literally have 20 different programs I use on a regular basis, for various things ( rootkit's, malware, spyware etc. ).. I have 1 program for a actual virus ( well make that 2, one that I use doesnt work with Vista or Win 7 )... I havnt seen a true virus in yrs. Those 2 programs, Malwarebytes and Superantispyware ( I think they need to put Duper in the name LMAO ) seem to be the best combo, at least right now.. Those 2 programs make me 35 bucks everytime I use them :cool:

I just got done building a total of 9 new computers at work. 1 of these was used on the internet for a total of 15 mins, just some news sites and your general surfing.. I found 73 infections on the damn thing, most were just BS, one of them basicly made the computer unuseable. He didnt download anything, all he did was check his bank account, and surf some news sites. The computer had ran a total of 3 hrs, wasnt done doing my thing, and one of the guys hopped on it at lunch.. No big deal, just wish I would have installed some stuff on it before I walked away.

·
U.S. Navy Retired
4,800 Posts
Malwarebytes and Super Anti Spyware, will get the nasty stuff. It's all I use, combined with my normal Antivirus program. Malwarebytes is a bad ass program. It will also block malicious IP's.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts