Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things have been a bit slow in the performance parts business so I took a third shift job at UPS loading trucks.

Got to tell ya, most of what you read about them is true!

We have a ball tossing packages across the depot, try to jam them in the conveyors and then pack them, as many as possible into the trucks.

My favorite thing to do, when I see I box with Summit or Jegs or some other performance name is to change the shipping labels on the boxes or mess with the delivery type on the box.

I can't wait until some phuckstick complains about not getting his shit on time....

·
This Space For Lease
2,314 Posts
I LOLed... :)

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Didn't see other thread. I was thinkin' you cold M'fer LMAO!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had to do it. we just hired a guy that DID have the third shift job at UPS. The friggin stories he tells us are incredible!

No wonder things arrive so fucked up!

·
Aviation Section
25,593 Posts
Things have been a bit slow in the performance parts business so I took a third shift job at UPS loading trucks.

Got to tell ya, most of what you read about them is true!

We have a ball tossing packages across the depot, try to jam them in the conveyors and then pack them, as many as possible into the trucks.

My favorite thing to do, when I see I box with Summit or Jegs or some other performance name is to change the shipping labels on the boxes or mess with the delivery type on the box.

I can't wait until some phuckstick complains about not getting his shit on time....
I did not read the whole thread but I would recommend that you be shot on sight!

I flew for UPS and have been in the sort centers while they loaded my aircraft for departure. I have seen people throw boxes, have seen people drop boxes when they thought they were too heavy, but never saw someone intentionally alter address labels!

I hope you were just kidding, if not, I hope I see you one day so I can fuck you up! Dave

·
Son of Mr. David-get it ?
15,977 Posts
I did not read the whole thread but I would recommend that you be shot on sight!

I flew for UPS and have been in the sort centers while they loaded my aircraft for departure. I have seen people throw boxes, have seen people drop boxes when they thought they were too heavy, but never saw someone intentionally alter address labels!

I hope you were just kidding, if not, I hope I see you one day so I can fuck you up! Dave
you do realize this is a spin off thread, right ?

See:

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=991794

·
Registered
15,123 Posts
Yrs ago when in collage I worked there and the teamsters agreement was 1,500 packages a minute loading.They did enforce that agreement and often did time studies on employees.Also the teamsters where not bashful about getting their dues.From a p/t'er like I was they took the first check and haft of the second one.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yrs ago when in collage I worked there and the teamsters agreement was 1,500 packages a minute loading.They did enforce that agreement and often did time studies on employees.Also the teamsters where not bashful about getting their dues.From a p/t'er like I was they took the first check and haft of the second one.
Union dues are only 2.5 hours of your hourly wage per month... think you should have stayed in "collage" lol.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I worked there for like 6 months. You dont know what hard work is until you have loaded or unloaded trucks in the summer in Texas. I was shredded when I left due to sheer weight loss from sweating. It wasnt worth it for the small amount of hours I got. Hell it was encouraged to toss boxes as hard and as far into the trucks as you could to pack it in.

·
Registered
268 Posts
spokane wa UPS hub lost 5 bushmaster AR15A2s
2 springfield amory SAR3 (preban Hk91 copys)
and a 300 win mag.
all the same night.

was orderd by a gun store. put on willcall as they did not have the cash for the guns the first day..
that night cage at hub is never locked. guy walks in 11pm with a ups hat. picks ever thing up and walks out..
now working there is like getting on a flight...lol

this was 15+ years ago..not one gun ever recoverd...lol
guy who did it Gary stottard. (now doing life for killing a girl last summer in spokane wa)
AP for ups.Mr monty Hall. :rolleyes: (could not find his ass with both hands in the dark)not joking!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I worked there many moons ago, not a bad place to work right out of school. You will lose weight and get very strong. I did it all load, unload, sort, did over weights and worked in smalls. I must say the best time was unloading on some dick and taking them down, and just hammering the crap out of a belt that just pissed you off because you had sent a couple packages to the wrong spot.. I saw a lot of tits and got laid in a couple trains while I was there too. Unload side is the place to be!!

·
Registered
15,123 Posts
Union dues are only 2.5 hours of your hourly wage per month... think you should have stayed in "collage" lol.
Not at first.You pay just to join.....oh hell what's the word??.:confused:

·
Registered
28,570 Posts
I'm just busting your balls buddy :p.... yeah those initiation fees suck at first. I'm a proud Teamster btw.
For phuck sake don't say that too loud you'll have the tough guy union haters on your ass telling you how the unions phucked the country up.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Been there almost 3years now. Seen alot of shit.

·
Registered
311 Posts
For phuck sake don't say that too loud you'll have the tough guy union haters on your ass telling you how the unions phucked the country up.
I hear ya, I'm not worried about them. I get more $ taxes taken out of my weekly check than some of the haters make a week. Nothing but GM or Ford vehicles at our house hold. Non Walmart shoper. I love my union and the idea of being part of the lifestyle and work beliefs our parents/grandparents had when America was at its greatest.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts