Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my Dad picked up a 71 Nova Roller from a guy I work with a plant this morning. Rock solid body in primer. Got a 12 bolt rear with Strange axles and a Eaton posi 4.10 gears and Rebuilt TH350 in the deal also.

Now I have to decide what I am gonna do with it. I want to build a street / strip terror. Dad wants a nice cruiser. Looks Like my 383ci SBC will get put to use after all.

My 99 Z28 Turbo car is officialy on hold again.

I will get some pics up of the Nova buy this weekend.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics:

I also traded my old 85 Toyota 4x4 for a nice 408ci SBC. It has a set of ported 492 heads, 12.5:1 TRW pistons, Forged Crank, and ARP bolt and studs through out. Weak link is the Factory 5.565 400 SBC rods that are in the engine. They have been reworked and setup for the full floating pins

It should make enough HP to keep the car fun. I will probably put a 150 shot on the engine and see what she will do.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tach is on the pillar. Its not as bad as it looks. I still have several things to order to get the car up and running. I still have to get rotors and calipers for the rear disc brake conversion along with several other odds and ends.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Go turbo!!!

I am gonna do another LS1 turbo car with the 99 Z28/SS. Gonna do a 25.5 or 25.2 cage with that car.

The Nova is gonna be a weekend toy to keep me entertained while that long term build takes place. I wanna go low 8's out of the gate with the new LS1 car. Shooting for some 7's with the car eventually.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts