Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Uses A Point and Shoot
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting a low light wide angle prime for awhile now. I shoot a lot of installs in our studio and also wanted a good night time walk around lens. I found a local guy that was selling is Canon 24mm 1.4L to upgrade to the new 1.4 II version of the lens. All the reviews I saw put the revised version better, but not leaps above it. This is the best clarity wide angle you can get from Canon.

I was messing around a little today after I got it at lunch in our studio/shop while Sean was installing the new high compression 427 in our four eye fox body. All the shots are how they came from the camera. The below shots are taken between 1.4 and 2.8 with no flash.

·
Im a Pro at being Amateur
9,638 Posts
im guessing its on his 7D, which makes it even better seeing how sharp these are. guess ill add that to the "want" list.....i hate this camera stuff sometimes

·
Uses A Point and Shoot
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea these are all taken on my 7D, I don't have any other bodies.

I played around with shooting at 24mm and 35mm on my 17-40 because I was in the same boat. It seems like the 24mm is better on a crop body and the 35mm would be better on full frame.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Nice lens, Mark! Good looking shots! Looks like some pretty good lift on that cam in the third shot! Must be a pretty healthy grind!

:-Daw

·
Uses A Point and Shoot
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea it is a nasty 427. 13:1 compression, big solid roller, raised runner CNCed TFS heads, Wilson CNCed Super Victor, etc. Should be on the DynoJet today.

·
Uses A Point and Shoot
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was using a wireless lav setup plugged into the mic in port and then a receiver and mic. It is all auto levels so that can be a problem sometimes with peaking

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have been wanting a low light wide angle prime for awhile now. I shoot a lot of installs in our studio and also wanted a good night time walk around lens. I found a local guy that was selling is Canon 24mm 1.4L to upgrade to the new 1.4 II version of the lens. All the reviews I saw put the revised version better, but not leaps above it. This is the best clarity wide angle you can get from Canon.

I was messing around a little today after I got it at lunch in our studio/shop while Sean was installing the new high compression 427 in our four eye fox body. All the shots are how they came from the camera. The below shots are taken between 1.4 and 2.8 with no flash.

Sweet creamy bokeh ! And thats from the nikon whore that I am.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts