Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two years ago wife and I bought a wooded lot(1.01 acres) in a new subdivision, I plan to living in a house on it by aug 2015
So I'm getting ready to start clearing and cleaning it up.
Can't take anything out over 6" until lot plans are turbed in or lot is paid off.

Typically what order does stuff need to be done in.
Im new to any of this and want everything to go smoothly and easily as possible over the next couple years.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Find a tractor operator that works for cash. Pray you don't have any busybody neighbors up in your shit.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Also a tree removal permit is not big deal either, I just helped a buddy of mine cut down 18 pine trees that were bordering his property that some @sshole neighbor planted 25 years ago to provide "shade". He didn't have the house plan done or anything, but he did have a site survey, and then just circled them and applied for a permit because they would limit his ingress options.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe they(how) will fine me if I go to clearing before its paid for or lot plans are turned in

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Why partially clear it now? It will just be overgrown again by the time you are ready to build. I see people do this all the time because they are excited about building a new home but it ends up being a waste of time and money. Just wait until it's time to build and let the clearing guys take the trees out and grade the property for building.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Why partially clear it now? It will just be overgrown again by the time you are ready to build. I see people do this all the time because they are excited about building a new home but it ends up being a waste of time and money. Just wait until it's time to build and let the clearing guys take the trees out and grade the property for building.
This (& get a survey)

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Listen to Wes here ,hes helping you save a bunch of money and time.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Leave the lot alone until just before you plan to build. If you start messing with it now, you will hate yourself later.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Who determines it has to be paid for BEFORE any work can be done? Your homeowners association? Never heard of this before.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The investor, its a owner finance type thing you got 10% down you got urself a piece of land. They don't want people buying it then clearing it all off then letting it go

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Where's the property David? How heavily wooded is it? Will it have an HOA? City of Houston?

My dad has a nice Kubota I can use pretty much whenever I need it. Has a front end loader, box blade, and a stump grinder setup. It won't grind stumps down under ground, essentially will just level them with the ground. I'll work for car cash LOL.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Figure where the house will be and get a soil engineer to take samples for the foundation or footings before you start digging. I didn't do this and had to dig deeper than expected and have to pay to have it re done. Engineer said I could have moved the house back 6 feet and saved 5,000 dollars. Soil engineer was $500 and I had to have him out anyhow when the county failed the footings. Never know what's under the top soil.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts