Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!
20,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our friend's little sister made this stuff for us twice now, and it's absolutely fantastic. Haven't made it myself yet. Here's the recipe:

Recipe by Paula Dean

1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
2 (12-ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits (10 count)
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon. In a saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar over low heat, stirring well; set aside. Cut the cream cheese into 20 equal cubes. Press the biscuits out with your fingers and sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar. Place a cube of cream cheese in the center of each biscuit, wrapping and sealing the dough around the cream cheese. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the nuts into the bottom of the bundt pan. Place half of the prepared biscuits in the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, pour half of the melted butter mixture over the biscuits, and sprinkle on 1/2 cup of nuts. Layer the remaining biscuits on top, sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar, pour the remaining butter mixture over the biscuits, and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of nuts. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Place a plate on top and invert.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
I was picturing Fred Sanfords' Gorilla Cookies! LOL! Using Aunt Ester's face!

·
Registered
50 Posts
zomg that looks like some seriously sugary goodness!!!

I wish I was inclined to working in the kitchen :(

·
Registered
785 Posts
Amanda,
Nancy and I rented an r.v. for youall's race that has an oven in it, not just a microwave so i could make my biscuts and gravy for breakfast, looks like we will have some thing else to try :p
Derek

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
Was bouncing through some old threads in this section just looking for ideas and ran across this recipe idea......I'm sure it isn't healthy , but looks great.

It's going to get made .

The aunt Esther's face post made me laugh out loud.......looks like the part of the Polaroid you tear off, lmao.......Fred was one funny bastard.

Pretty cool and creative ideas in some of the older threads.

·
Registered
15,629 Posts
Everything in moderation my man...........the " it's a Paula deen" recipe should have given it away.
After listening to the locals, walking into her restrauant, seeing the buffet, seeing the lines of seniors being bussed in..... no thanks to anything Paula Deen. She is not very highly regarded locally. The food looked awefully Golden Corral. Which is to not say it looked all that bad, just an overpriced comfort food buffet. Every local I talked to said to stay away as it was overrated. Every one.

This section sure has changed. A whole lot.

Denny

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
I've rarely found anything that's commercially mass produced being exceptional........even the simplest recipe made for the masses for sheer profit can be ok but not great.

I promise, this dam gorilla bread recipe will be bastardized with macadamia nuts, golden raisins,maybe a few grated slivers of sweet potato , bourbon and will work out fine for our gang......the basic recipe is a good idea, the rest of the finished product we end up with might be ok.

I haven't walked into a foul corral in decades, the concept on the food and cost is good, the execution sucks ass.

·
Registered
15,629 Posts
I haven't walked into a foul corral in decades, the concept on the food and cost is good, the execution sucks ass.
“Lord help me, for I have sinned.”

Between us girls, please keep it a secret... probably once a year or even two, I hit a Golden Corral. Sinned, n sinned more, n can’t help it. Trust me I don’t tell my wife n especially my workout partner.. no way would I tell her. Everything in moderation maybe could be my defense? Shitty sex is better than no sex? Whatever.

Maybe I need to reread the recipe. What do you think of pecans added?

Denny

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
“Lord help me, for I have sinned.”

Between us girls, please keep it a secret... probably once a year or even two, I hit a Golden Corral. Sinned, n sinned more, n can’t help it. Trust me I don’t tell my wife n especially my workout partner.. no way would I tell her. Everything in moderation maybe could be my defense? Shitty sex is better than no sex? Whatever.

Maybe I need to reread the recipe. What do you think of pecans added?

Denny
Worst pussy I ever had was still great.......just sayin.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts