Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, noticed today when making a video and playing it back on the computer the quality is extremely low, very grainy, I also noticed the size of the file is extremely low. A 15 second video used to be 150mb, now they are only 25mb. I verified on the camera that all the settings are set to the highest, 1080p wide 30fps. Memory card has never changed

What would cause this all of the sudden?

I emailed gopro support but 3 days no with no responce

·
Administrator
136,748 Posts
Hey guys, noticed today when making a video and playing it back on the computer the quality is extremely low, very grainy, I also noticed the size of the file is extremely low. A 15 second video used to be 150mb, now they are only 25mb. I verified on the camera that all the settings are set to the highest, 1080p wide 30fps. Memory card has never changed

What would cause this all of the sudden?

I emailed gopro support but 3 days no with no responce
Did you try a hard reset?

·
Administrator
136,748 Posts
  • Hold down the Shutter (S) button.
  • Press the Power (P) button while holding the Shutter button.
  • When the camera powers on, it will be set to all of the factory defaults.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
  • Hold down the Shutter (S) button.
  • Press the Power (P) button while holding the Shutter button.
  • When the camera powers on, it will be set to all of the factory defaults.
Huh I never knew that. Thanks for sharing Monty

·
Administrator
136,748 Posts
that does not hard reset my gopro, it just turns on as normal
Sorry that was to set the default for the camera. Below is the hard reset...

1. Remove your MicroSD memory card
2. Remove your battery
3. Hold down the Shutter Button
4. While holding down the Shutter Button, replace the battery and power on your GoPro Camera
5. If your GoPro Cameras powers on you will see “NO SD CARD” displayed
6. Turn off the GoPro Camera
7. Insert your MicroSD memory card
8. Power on as normal
9. Erase All/Format the memory card
10. Take photo

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just did those steps and I dont believe it reset to default, only reason I think that is from default when you turn the camera on it starts in video mode, I had changed it to start in camera mode. When I turned it back on it went straight to camera mode. I took a video of the room Im in and it is still grainy.

Its weird, 3 months ago I used it last and the video is crystal clear, picked it up again for some video last night and its grainy and heck

I appreciate the help

·
Capri For Sale
12,922 Posts
Mine did something like that and it was the memory card. Replaced it and all was good. May not be your problem but it worked on mine.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its a sandisk class 10, not the best but they recomend a class 10. I actually bought a 64gb sandisk extreme off ebay but it wont be here for a week thinking the same thing last night.

But now Im thinking can it really be the memory card? As this one was obviously capable of taking crystal videos 3 months ago

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Something must have changed with the unit how I see it, just read the 60 page manual, no reference at all on how to factory reset it

·
Registered
21,609 Posts
One more idea. Assuming that there is nothing seriously wrong, that the image is fine except for just being grainy, it sounds as if your sensitivity got set way too high. Excessive "grain", or more correctly noise, is introduced when the electronics are trying to amplify the signal, like when trying to use in low light situations. I don't know that camera in particular but excessive noise accompanying increased gain is common in almost all imaging electronics. See if you have an adjustment for the sensitivity, gain, not sure what they'd call it, and set it to a lower value, or to bright sunlight conditions.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope nothing like that on the gopro, it was in good daylight shooting car videos still looks like crud

1 - 15 of 15 Posts