Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
T/S 368E
30,599 Posts

In total length??

It depends on the overhang, but usually 6-8', so it would be a tiny floor space, 18-20'.

·
T/S 368E
30,599 Posts

Yes, but good luck.
At least in my searching, it's hard to find less then 40', and very very rare less then a 38'??

I can't even remember the last time I saw a goose or 5th wheel that short?

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
I had a 28 foot
but it was short for a dragster with a table/workbench inside
so it is now a work trailer

now and I have instead a 32 footer..
but the goose mount sticks out away from the bulkhead about a foot and a half.

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
GEE..
just specify the length of the FULL FLOOR...

the REST is just the overall length..

and THAT will vary,
because as mine is, the goose neck mount is sticking OUT forewards of the usable space in the overhead box....

·
Registered
918 Posts
The goosenecks that stick out a farther than the actual box are designed for shortbed pickups. They ususally have a 6 ft upper. The 8 ft upper is the standard. If your looking for 26ft floor space then you want a 34ft trailer and that would be with an 8 ft upper. I run a 32 ft trailer with 24 ft floor and 8 ft upper, on a short bed but have an offset neck.

·
Registered
417 Posts
A 36' goose neck will give you 28' on the floor and 8' in the goose neck. Check Racing Junk for them and I've heard lbtrailers in AL has pretty good prices on Vintage brand trailers.

·
Registered
927 Posts
26' floor would be called a 34' trailer. Most of us offer 36' length and up. Yes, you should be fine with a 38' on a 250.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
you can get a 34' with an 8 ' bunk= 26 on the floor or 34' with a 6' bunk=28 on the floor...a 250 will pull either one with no problem...the bunk has a lot to do with the size of the truck bed

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
some have mounted the wash water water tank up on the extended part out past the box , just above the goos neck mount.

I would never have a short bed truck of ANY type....!!!

·
T/S 368E
30,599 Posts

I bought my F-250 super duty single wheel used, and he pulled the biggest 5th wheel RV they make, and bulldozers with it.
It will work fine with the 7.3, no doubt!! I also had a F-250 single wheel super duty gas, and it just plain wore out from towing around 100,000 miles.
Both these trucks were used to tow 95% of the time, with the trailers rarely even being disconnected.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
post # 8

yes, you are correct..
...but..

i have seen many that the guy had with the 8 foot overhead..and the mount was still out front..he ordered it this way because he wanted more room when coupled up, so that he could get into rear of truck or front storage box of trailer goose....
also, he often puts the small table top bar b que on the tailgate so it is not in the wind....

also,
when i use my F-550 with the 11 foot long box... it clears the box of trailer ...
..the turn plate / ball is right over the axle...bed is two feet longer behind the axle than a regular common 8 foot bed on a F-350....
...a "regular' length front of trailer would not normally clear the rear of truck when in a turn....
short bed trucks to pull a goose neck is just stupid ...
short bed trucks is stupid..

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Mine is a 34', 26' on the floor. Bought it used. I really wanted a 36' but couldn't pass up the deal. Now I regret not getting the 36' but if I have do it again, I'll get 38'-40'.

Truck has a 7.3 with hybrid injectors. I have to slow down pulling the trailer.

Billy T.
[email protected]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts