Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching for a story that ran in our local paper today. A man was arrested smuggling cigarettes from KY to Chi-town. When I did the google search I clicked a link near the top of the search results and it was a spyware link. Damn near killed my work computer. Do not clink a google link that says... click here I want to know more about... After I clicked it, google popped up a warning about a spyware site...thanks for the headsup there google:smt097

·
Registered
656 Posts
That spyware shit is not nice..Had me trying to buy some anti-virus software..And then I had to call in some reindorcements!!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Two seperate times I have gotten a bug that made my desktop into a big warning about spyware...First time it was blue with a yellow warning box and the last time it was all white with an orange box I think...it would not allow me to chenge the desktop and was trying to get me to install " XP virus scan 2008" or something like that. Both times the only way I could get rid of it was to reboot in safe mode and run spybot search and destroy in safe mode...runing it in normal windows would not find the bug.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I work in the computer business and lately a bunch of people have been getting this virus called "XP Antivirus 2008", I'm seeing it about once a day now.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Yep, I had it, I've got a bot that more or less is designed just for it from what I understand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts