Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 3 weeks ago my house took a lightning strike. It toasted my computer, modem, garage door opener and stereo. Thankfully the Plasma TV survived:cool:. Finally got the computer back today. I suppose I have alot of catching up to do.

The strike was crazy. Thre whole house shook like a bomb went off and you could feel static electricity in your body for a few seconds. I didnt find any damage or tell tale signs of where the strike actually contacted but you could definitly see a white ball of fire out the back sliding door when it happened.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The crazy part was my little girl (14 months old) was looking out the sliding door watching the rain. My wifes said "we should probably get her away from the window". So I picked her up and shut the blinds a bit. Not 1 minute later the lightning hit. Mothers intuition I guess.

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
The crazy part was my little girl (14 months old) was looking out the sliding door watching the rain. My wifes said "we should probably get her away from the window". So I picked her up and shut the blinds a bit. Not 1 minute later the lightning hit. Mothers intuition I guess.
Thank goodness for that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts