Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a couple searches but really can't find anything. I just need a good quality GM style 3 bar MAP sensor. Older type.
Looking online the prices go from $8 to nearly $100 but all seem the same.
Not sure I'm trusting my engine to an $8 knock off china sensor unless there isn't a difference.
Thanks for any helping advance.

·
Registered
20,098 Posts
get the GM 12592525, there are some cheap knock off's, but get the GM one.
If you get a discount from the chev dealer, not to bad, maybe Summit has
them also.

·
Registered
24,653 Posts
So the Delphi is now made in China .

From the link ......

"Due to a decrease in quality of the "Genuine" Delphi 3 bar MAP sensors due to moving production to China and cutting corners in their budget, we are now stocking a USA made GM Style 3 bar MAP sensor. This sensor meets the same calibration data and meets or exceeds all Delphi specifications. In the future, we will continue to stock the Genuine Delphi part (SNSR-03075) as a case quantity only purchase and will be stocking this sensor (SNSR-03074 in our standard price breaks)."

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
So the Delphi is now made in China .

From the link ......

"Due to a decrease in quality of the "Genuine" Delphi 3 bar MAP sensors due to moving production to China and cutting corners in their budget, we are now stocking a USA made GM Style 3 bar MAP sensor. This sensor meets the same calibration data and meets or exceeds all Delphi specifications. In the future, we will continue to stock the Genuine Delphi part (SNSR-03075) as a case quantity only purchase and will be stocking this sensor (SNSR-03074 in our standard price breaks)."
Yep. The Chinese Delphi sensors generally work just fine, but typically every case of genuine Delphi 3 bar MAP sensors we'd order would include a few genuine 1 or 2 bar Delphi sensors in 3 bar packaging. Delphi showed no interest in warrantying this or fixing the problem, so we moved to another supplier too.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I ordered one. How will I know the difference if they package a 1 or 2 bar sensor? Are the aftermarket ones still color coded?
I have an old oem 3 bar that I've used for data logging. So I can compare it to that one if so.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
They're not color coded, and since Delphi often stuck the 3 bar label on the 1 or 2 bar sensors, your best bet is to measure the voltage it puts out with no vacuum or pressure applied. Should be around 1.6 or 1.7 volts for a 3 bar; 1 or 2 bar sensors will put out significantly more.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. It just came in and as expected it's a plain white box with some random part numbers.
I'll check voltage just to be sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts