·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rblock 349, 3.25 stroke, 5.4 rod.
11:5:1
World sr heads flow 338 cfm
780 pro systems carb

Strictly N/A motor, wanted to know of a good cam to use? solid roller. I got a 5800 convertor in it, i dont really wanna change it. thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinkin about that, but is there just an off the shelf one thatll work just as good?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Call Danny at Cam Motion he can fix you up...

http://www.cammotion.com/
He can talk to Bob also. They are about 4 miles from my house, they are all pretty sharp over there. Bob has been doing cams for a long time, he use to work for some other big cam companies and was offered a job down here around 5 years ago. He says the same thing about cam numbers that a good head porter says about flow numbers, "don't get caught up in numbers there is more to it than that". When I went over there to pick up my cam they were showing me some of the pro stock and top fuel cams that they just finished, that is some serious stuff. ;)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How high are you wanting to rev it?
well right now its dont make now it dosent make any power untill 6k-8500rpms, its a turd untill you get there. Its got a nos cam in it now, i dont wanna spray it. Id like to keep it under 7500, i dont wanna tear shit up. Also would like to be in the low 10s/high 9s if possible.... it has a c4 and it dosent like the high rpms

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
Best and only cam advice I'd hed from any website would be to call whomever you feel comfortable running for a bump stick and letting them get all your information and let them tell you what you need, they do this day in and day out and have so many grinds that are'nt even listed anywhere but their catalog...want rudy poo run of the mill performance...pick yourself a off the shelf grind.

I was told yrs ago to go with Bullet cams by some of the most anal track champions you've ever run across...I've run nothing else since, you will make more power across the board with ALOT less valvetrain stress than what other cam grinders have. I was told "more with less", and that's exactly what I've got...largest lobe I've EVER been speced was for the motor that made 640hp/600tq on pump gass and it was a .621 both sides with 1.5 rockers.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
IHI, that was my point exactly, big isn't always better. The whole combo has to work together. They did a cam for a mopar that made less power but the car ran faster, it made the power where it counted and proved itself on the track. They also make all of their own cores and they sell to other cam companies also. They are 100% made in the USA.:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts