Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a used c4 trans for sale. I am trying to get a few people shipping quotes, who would you guys recommend for a reasonable price and hopefully take good care of it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just shipped a trans out today with R&L Carriers Inc., hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Old Dominion Freight Lines and R&L Carriers are both good freight companies that I deal with.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Fedx freight I have used them a lot and its always on time and great service.

·
Registered
634 Posts
ive used greyhound shipping to send some large items coast to coast for pennies on the dollars compared to what fedex and ups wanted.

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
Forward Air is good.

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
R&L support those who support racing.

Really though whoever you use it would be a good idea to make a thick plywood box as all carriers will break one from time to time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
or just go get a smaller pallet. I just shipped a c4 on a small 2x3 pallet and used some old tie down straps I had lying around, and then the yellow/roadway forklift operator let me use their plastic wrap to wrap up the whole thing after I brought it to the shipping terminal. A word of advice, you can usually save some money if you do business to business or even terminal to terminal. Sometimes there is no difference between the two, but there definitely if the trucking company has to either pick it up at a residence or has to deliver it to a residence. So be sure to ask the carrier. Also the business has to have a dock or a fork lift, not all the companies have trucks with lift gates. Just an FYI. I didn't have either at my business but luckily I lived near a terminal, so I just took it in my car and then assembled the pallet there. Pretty easy, just go prepared. Also make sure you weigh the parts. If you have a home scale you can weigh each piece and then subtract your weight out. It's not the most accurate but better than paying a huge fee because they did a re-weigh and found you to be under your estimate. Weigh the pallet as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can but fedex said I had to take pallet to airport, and this was at a downtown distribution center. Might call about their rate as well

·
T5 & T56 building fool
25,285 Posts
It just depends on who you can get the best deal from AAA Cooper is very reasonable if you have an account with them. I use DB Schenker most of the time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts