Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
We use one when we need to. It's a gasoline powered Club Car that's a little tired but still does the job. Sometimes we have to do the Fred Flintstone on bad hills. LOL

·
T/S 368E
35,206 Posts

Gas golf carts are the best. ATV's are a pain in the butt. Especially for wives, & added passengers.

·
T/S 368E
35,206 Posts
So now you see the method to my madness.
Use an ATV and you don't have to bring 1/2 the pits with you.
Obviously your wife can tow better than mine. I get whiplash & scared to death she will rip my nose off when she tows me up & back.
She can't shift worth a damn, so I had to get an automatic. Then she can't be gentle on the throttle.
Trust me, it's a nightmare. We only have the 2 ATV's, but I beg, borrow & steal a golf cart whenever possible.
Now she saw one of those ATV mini pickups, she wants one bad?? Those things have some power,
I can imagine her driving that thing!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Obviously your wife can tow better than mine. I get whiplash & scared to death she will rip my nose off when she tows me up & back.
She can't shift worth a damn, so I had to get an automatic. Then she can't be gentle on the throttle.
Trust me, it's a nightmare. We only have the 2 ATV's, but I beg, borrow & steal a golf cart whenever possible.
Now she saw one of those ATV mini pickups, she wants one bad?? Those things have some power,
I can imagine her driving that thing!!!!!!!

Buy her a Polaris RZR 700 EFI automatic!
Ok so now I understand where you are coming from.
I don't drive the dragster, I wrench, tune and tow him back. I like going solo because it gives me a few mins to think about what I just saw, heard and what I might want to do before the next round.
Here is my rant why I don't like golf carts. I see way too many people think those things are track baby sitters. They let the kids ride around all over the pits and I am not a fan.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really would like to get an electric cart to keep it simple.I already have a charging system for the trailer but more than anything if I had a quad I know my kids would use it and beat it to hell,then when I need it something would be messed up.They have their own quads and where they ride a cart won't go...I hope.

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
Buy her a Polaris RZR 700 EFI automatic!
Ok so now I understand where you are coming from.
I don't drive the dragster, I wrench, tune and tow him back. I like going solo because it gives me a few mins to think about what I just saw, heard and what I might want to do before the next round.
Here is my rant why I don't like golf carts. I see way too many people think those things are track baby sitters. They let the kids ride around all over the pits and I am not a fan.

This activity is not confined to only your track.
Want to see how really stupid parents and kids are ?????

Attend one of the Jr Dragster Conference Finals. Last five years we went to Bristol, TN. If you aren't looking out for them from every angle, good chance you will get run over.

Course the track officials let the shit go on way too long before clamping down on the offenders. Each year we went, someone always got hurt. THEN track officials parked them.

No common sense.........on all sides.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have a fairly tires and used up 2002 gas EZGO I have pulled 3250 lb. door cars up hills that most people would never have to deal with at their drag strip but I have always wondered which of the gas carts was the most powerful or best if I were to replace it with a newer one.

·
T/S 368E
35,206 Posts

I tow from the roof also. I use ~20' strap. I'm in the middle of welding up a push bar system. Wife sucks at towing.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have a fairly tires and used up 2002 gas EZGO I have pulled 3250 lb. door cars up hills that most people would never have to deal with at their drag strip but I have always wondered which of the gas carts was the most powerful or best if I were to replace it with a newer one.
The old lady also bitches she needs more power but i worry she would be out of control pulling me back.I have a club car and is a little weak but is not a problem to me but she begs to differ.I would also like to know what cart guys feel are the best ones out there.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My brother swears by an ATV...BUT whenever I bring my golf cart he uses it all the time... Pretty funny actually

·
T/S 368E
35,206 Posts
Thats because she would rather drive the car...:eek:

Actually I have 4 cars sitting here. She doesn't want to drive any of them. We have a '07 BMW M-6 & she loves that car.
She flys around the highways embarrassing Mustangs & Camaros. I did get her to admit she would like to try an altered,
so as soon as I can make room, I plan to surprise her. I really need a new 2 car trailer 1st.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.