Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Bullett, need some help.

I have a shot at an all electric golf cart for next to nothing but dont want to take it unless it will do the job pulling the car.

Whats better electric motor or gas?:confused:

Thanks

Wildbill

·
Let's have one.
3,176 Posts
Gas.....my electric was nice but you have to charge it and it was heavy! If its a really good deal try it.....maybe trade it in later.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
My neighbor owns American Golf Cars, here in port st. lucie, give him a call tomorrow and speak with him, he KNOWS golf carts! Tell him I told ya to call.

Anyone else who need repairs or parts, these guys will hook you up.

American Golf Cars 772-337-1776

Ask for Dan

Hey Bill, hope you are getting things straightened out with the car.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My neighbor owns American Golf Cars, here in port st. lucie, give him a call tomorrow and speak with him, he KNOWS golf carts! Tell him I told ya to call.

Anyone else who need repairs or parts, these guys will hook you up.

American Golf Cars 772-337-1776

Ask for Dan

Hey Bill, hope you are getting things straightened out with the car.
Thanks, im really interested in some racer personal experence with them because I am not really in the market but have a shot at one.

I am waiting to hear about the block now if its repairable and what else may need to be replaced from the other 6 holes that are intact.

Thanks for asking about it:D

Wildbill

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi Bill. Long time, no see. :rolleyes: I use a 48 volt electric and have no issues pulling my junk around and it's for sure heavier than your car. A full charge will easily last all weekend and then some.

FordSux:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
FIRST of all what brand electric and how old? An electric will work fine. They are heavier but not enough for that to be a buy or dont buy issue. Like I post in every racing forum I post in. IF it has old or worn out batteries you will hate it. If it has good batteries you will like it. They are quiet and you dont have to worry about running over everything in your trailer trying to hold the choke out when its cold. www.funcarts.net and if you have any questions shoot me a PM and ill try to help you out.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Bill. Long time, no see. :rolleyes: I use a 48 volt electric and have no issues pulling my junk around and it's for sure heavier than your car. A full charge will easily last all weekend and then some.

FordSux:

MIKE MIKE MIKE MIKE:eek:

WOW!!! A blast from the past!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the input, im sticking to this thread cause I have to make a decision tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

Wildbill

·
Registered
26,607 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I have a 48v cart, its 3 yrs old. ClubCar. It will last all weekend, with lots of use. I havent trid to tow the car with it, but I would guess it would do it with no problem. I like gas carts, but my cart was a helluva deal.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I have seen both work well.I have a gas and prefer that over batteries and charging worries.If it's a older one that might need batteries put that in the price..The batteries are not cheap!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FIRST of all what brand electric and how old? An electric will work fine. They are heavier but not enough for that to be a buy or dont buy issue. Like I post in every racing forum I post in. IF it has old or worn out batteries you will hate it. If it has good batteries you will like it. They are quiet and you dont have to worry about running over everything in your trailer trying to hold the choke out when its cold. www.funcarts.net and if you have any questions shoot me a PM and ill try to help you out.

Its a Club Car in super shape, dont know how old it is but that may not matter if the battteries are worn out.

It has been sitting for a while.

Thanks

Wildbill

·
In the Beams.
21,997 Posts
Thanks, im really interested in some racer personal experence with them because I am not really in the market but have a shot at one.

I am waiting to hear about the block now if its repairable and what else may need to be replaced from the other 6 holes that are intact.

Thanks for asking about it:D

Wildbill
Hey Bill . I sold mine It was a 36 volt electric pulled my 3000 lb car just fine ... just make sure the batteries r in good shape .. for a full set of 6 6 volt batteries your looking at 700 bucks other than that electrics are fine ..

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a 48v cart, its 3 yrs old. ClubCar. It will last all weekend, with lots of use. I havent trid to tow the car with it, but I would guess it would do it with no problem. I like gas carts, but my cart was a helluva deal.

Thats where I am at! A hell of a deal but not if it needs battries!

Thanks

Wildbill

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Electrics can be a good deal, like was said earlier make sure the batteries all test good, if it has old weak batteries it will cost a bunch to replace them also make sure it comes with a charger that is in good working order, chargers are expensive as hell, and then of course there is the wieght issue but depending on your trailer and where you have to park your cart in it that may or may not be a big deal.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Bill . I sold mine It was a 36 volt electric pulled my 3000 lb car just fine ... just make sure the batteries r in good shape .. for a full set of 6 6 volt batteries your looking at 700 bucks other than that electrics are fine ..

Thanks for the reply, seems like batteries may be the issue.

How much heavier are they than the gas deal????

Wildbill

1 - 20 of 54 Posts