Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my next Race Trailer I want to load a Golf Car "sideways".

I'm looking at a Golf Cart with a 6" lift and somewhat larger tires, will this fit in the trailer sideways, or do I need to go with a stock height Golf Cart?

Are there any other things that I should look for in a Trailer other than a wider side door that will help accommodate a Cart?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Unless you have a tall trailer it won’t fit. You can get a kit to make the top fold down and that will shorten it up. I have a Yamaha cart not lifted with low profile 10 inch tires and it fits in my trailer. I load mine in front of the car long ways. I have a rear seat and foot board. It’s about 9 ft long.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hadn't even thought about the height issue... I was focused in on the width. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I believe it would be fairly easy to chop the top.

As far as width is concerned, I'm still curious if a "lifted" cart with larger tires will fit in "sideways.

Unless you have a tall trailer it won’t fit. You can get a kit to make the top fold down and that will shorten it up. I have a Yamaha cart not lifted with low profile 10 inch tires and it fits in my trailer. I load mine in front of the car long ways. I have a rear seat and foot board. It’s about 9 ft long.

·
T/S 368E
26,372 Posts

Exactly, make damn sure what the length is, it's much easier to order a double door than having to remove a bunch of crap every time you want to load it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know the standard width on most Race Trailers? I've read that a stock Golf Cart is 8' long.

Exactly, make damn sure what the length is, it's much easier to order a double door than having to remove a bunch of crap every time you want to load it.

·
T/S 368E
26,372 Posts

8'6"

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Look up Cricket Mini Golf Carts. Not for everyone, but it works for us..36 volt. Not enough power to pull/push a car.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I just ordered a new trailer with double side door. My ezee go has a 6" lift and it was to long. I removed the front half springs,cut them back 2" and redrilled the locater hole. Spaced the steering wheel back and now it fits easily.

·
T/S 368E
26,372 Posts

Exactly, people forget how tight it is and put the fancy seat on there.
Then it's too long to fit sideways!!

·
Banned
6 Posts
Hi, friend. I am playing a lot of golf, and I think that I can help you to choose a new golf cart. I really like this game, but there is one problem for me - playing this game is pretty exhausting, and it's pretty difficult to carry your equipment. This is a real problem for me, because I am not so young already. However, I have bought an electric golf push cart and solved this problem once and forever. It's very comfortable to use, and allows you to walk free around the course while your caddy does all the work. I am really satisfied with my new caddy, it made playing golf even more interesting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts