Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ez go and club car models .
the standard gov. on the engine linkage will give it a little if you go any higher restricting the spring tension it will rev and die(pull back) then rev and die. seems to have a throttle control on the cables going to it also .does not apear to be on the rev limiter as i cant get more than a tad over 14 mph .anybody ever modify one of these new ones???

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
A word of caution: It is not a good plan to turn up the ground speed by adjusting governor. The engines do not live long with the increase in rpm's. Just thought you should know.

·
Registered
13,091 Posts
ez go and club car models .
the standard gov. on the engine linkage will give it a little if you go any higher restricting the spring tension it will rev and die(pull back) then rev and die. seems to have a throttle control on the cables going to it also .does not apear to be on the rev limiter as i cant get more than a tad over 14 mph .anybody ever modify one of these new ones???
Speed Limit in the Pits is 5MPH

·
Registered
33,542 Posts
Speed Limit in the Pits is 5MPH
Hey not to high jack the thread...is that your chocolate lab? Best dog I ever had. I miss her. Someday I will have another.:cool:

·
Registered
13,091 Posts
Hey not to high jack the thread...is that your chocolate lab? Best dog I ever had. I miss her. Someday I will have another.:cool:
I have a Black Lab just got back from Fly Fishing with her great dog
The Pic is from Photo bucket reminds me of her

·
Under Construction
4,026 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
The access panel right behind the front seat gives you access to the governor, you can get them in to the low 20's before it hits the RPM limiter.
Big double arm attached to the differential, put tension on the passenger side with zip ties will get you some speed. I souped one up I rented at the beach a month ago, with a large zip tie, kept pulling tension, and checking with a GPS, till got the speed in to low 20's.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
I think all I did was zip tied my EZGO governor.

Made 1 pass in the driveway and backed it off some. That thing would have revved till it kicked a rod if you weren't careful.

·
AVAST
1,350 Posts
Gas or electric? Because I have two electric ones I'd love to figure out how to speed up

·
Registered
20,094 Posts
dam, everyone is getting ready for the YB Nats golf cart race, lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts