Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debating what trailer to go with......open to input.

I don't need a TON of room but want Tao be able to fit a golf cart in as well. Car is a 2011 Camaros.

TIA.

·
Registered
471 Posts
If I were you I'd go with at least a 28' (you'll need room to tie down the car). My old trailer was a 24 square ft and I had about 1' between cart (EZ Go) and car (64 Nova) and it was a pain to get tied down...

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a 26 ft Haulmark flat front with a work bench in the front. My altered is about 120"wb. I have to pull the wheeliebar off. My Yamaha golf cart fits but I dont have much room leftover. I wouldnt even consider a 24 ft, v nose or not.

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
I've got a 28" and a 3rd. gen Camaro. Trailer has no workbench or anything in the frt. I hauled a friend's 4 wheeler in frt. of my car and there was very little room to spare. If I had a workbench it wouldn't have fit! Convinced me to stay with a pit bike or scooter.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Your going to want to buy a longer trailer.

Ive got a 26footer and a Club Car XRT 900 utility cart.
Granted the cart has a bed, but its about 2ft too long and i do not have a work bench.

Thats with our cars chute right up against the back door. (71 chevelle)

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I have a 24 ft box with 18 in V. My Club Car DS and Buick GN have just enough space with the cart against the front and car about 4 inches from the tail door. I can walk in between the two enough to work on the tie downs. The golf cart does not have a back seat. The foot rest normally used would probably take all the available space.

·
Registered
927 Posts
If you have a work bench, the golf cart and car will require a minimum of 28' to have room to tie down. Many folks are buying 30' and 32' today.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
I've got a 26 foot box with a 4 1/2 foot V. It has a ramp door on the V so I can load the golf cart or 4 wheeler with the car in the trailer. I have a fox body stang and have about 4 1/2- 5 feet between the golf cart and the car. I wanted a 28 foot box, but the guy building the trailer said I would need to go to a tri axle. I now wish i would have gone the extra 2 feet and 3rd axle. I want to put a generator and upright air compressor in it the extra room would be nice.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Fwiw, I have a 24, with strait benches across the front and can fit my 4 th gen transam, and an Atv sideways in it. Trailer side door is 48 inches, just wide enough for the Atv or a stock width golf cart. I load the car first then put the Atv in thru the side, very tight but it can be done if you have limited space to park a trailer, like I unfortunately do. Wheelie bars have to come off the car fwiw to fit but I deal with it. 28 of a 30 would be nice but I just don't have the room to keep one.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i fit a golf cart in my 22 ft vnose, the cart goes in sideways infront of the car no problem. i even have cabinets.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
48 inch side door is a must if you want to haul a golf cart or atv. An added bonus is the ability to unload the cart without having to take the car out. My next trailer will have the double doors on the side to give me more flexibilty to put the cart where I want it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm thinking about a new 32ft trailer.
Need to get car in (19ft 2 inches) and Ezgo golf cart - 4 seater.
Was thinking about going with the 60" wide double doors and getting some ramps made to drive it in sideways.
Want front cabinets but may have to do away with generator compartment so that it drives in sideways easily.
Anyone else do it this way ?

·
Registered
311 Posts
24 box with a fox mustang about 3 inches between cart and front bumper of car . without chute on back is fit alot better. build workbench to right side cart fits on other side.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I love the 60" side door. I wish my current trailer had one.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Next trailer I do will have a 60. If, you don't widen a golf cart from stock width, it will just fit thru a 48, it's real tight but it will fit. Sport atv and the smaller utility fit too... But a 60, or double doors make it a breeze. I just wish I had room to keep something bigger then a 24 footer at my house. But, for the deal I got on the one I have.... It was impossible to pass up

1 - 19 of 19 Posts