Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like these wheels are discontinued... anyone know for a fact and if so, where a pair of 15" would be?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not an expert on painting or powdercoating but would it be possible to get a pair of matte or polished magnums and then have them powdercoated to a gold finish or no???

·
Registered
393 Posts
Be careful powdercoating those wheels. I've seen plenty of them crack and with powdercoating you may not be able to see it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be careful powdercoating those wheels. I've seen plenty of them crack and with powdercoating you may not be able to see it.
I've always wondered about those wheels getting cracks in them because of how thin they are in certain areas. It seems like I remember someone on here a while back making a thread about trying to figure out what caused their cracked wheels when the wheels had never seen the street or any violent wheelstands. It might have been some kind of Weld wheel and possibly the Magnums but I can't remember for certain.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
You might look into Cerakoting those wheels. Much thinner than powder coated and not as high temperatures for curing.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've always wondered about those wheels getting cracks in them because of how thin they are in certain areas. It seems like I remember someone on here a while back making a thread about trying to figure out what caused their cracked wheels when the wheels had never seen the street or any violent wheelstands. It might have been some kind of Weld wheel and possibly the Magnums but I can't remember for certain.
The wheels that I've seen crack are always on heavier cars 2600 pounds and up. Some carry the front end and some don't, all are track only cars. We assume it's a result from weight and turning sharp with a spool. All I've seen crack at the circle/triangle area just above the lug nut hole.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts