Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be taking my car to the chassis dyno tomorrow. Is there anything I need to take with me? Anything I need to know. I have never been to a chassis dyno or had a motor dynoed.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Anything you might want to change jets, timing light and so on. I would put drag radials on it as well rollers will kill slicks sometimes and it eats a little power as they give.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Wrench for the distributor
Spark plugs
Jet box
timing light
equal tire pressure
ear plugs/eye protection <---seriously...when it gets ugly...it gets really ugly.
FUEL!
Notepad for data
folder for printed data
sharpie marker
Diet Mt. Dew
Skittles
Jack links beef jerky.

That's how I get down..

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
LOL denny LOL. the way to get down is to make sure you bring some bullshit passenger car radials unless the car is making big hp then a set of DR or slicks could become nessacary.

Eye and Ear protection is a good idea. Shit goes flying around.

Good list.

Wrench for the distributor
Spark plugs
Jet box
timing light
equal tire pressure
ear plugs/eye protection <---seriously...when it gets ugly...it gets really ugly.
FUEL!
Notepad for data
folder for printed data
sharpie marker
Diet Mt. Dew
Skittles
Jack links beef jerky.

That's how I get down..

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,957 Posts
Skittles?????? Diet Mt. Dew???? YUCK!!!
What the hell are Jack Links Beef Jerkey??????
Guess you want a huge sugar rush!

Hey, whatever works for ya is all good.

Bring hearing protection, you'll be suprised how loud it will get.
Spare plugs. Lots of drinks. Gloves to keep the heat off your hands while you're checking plugs. Small fan like a cheap window box fan to lay on top of the motor to cool things off quickly between pulls. Time is money there, use it wisely!

Bring a friend or two that knows something about cars and that you can trust to turn a wrench or two.........

·
In Glock I Trust
6,825 Posts
Substitute the diet dew for a 12 pack of Bud.
Trust me, it will be alot easier to say fuck it when ya break something...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
Consultation Beer should always be supplied by the shop in case of breakage.

I would see what the hourly vs Day rate is. Alot of times the day rate is cheaper and you always need alot more time then you think.

Substitute the diet dew for a 12 pack of Bud.
Trust me, it will be alot easier to say fuck it when ya break something...:rolleyes:

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,957 Posts
My friend and I had been fighting a problem on his car forever. It would just start to break-up around 5000rpm on boost, fine to 7500 on motor. Spent MANY dyno pulls looking for the answer. Well, when we finally found it, two bad plug wires (brand-new TWICE from MSD) it finally turned to 7000rpm on boost.

Well, the only reason we stopped at 7000rpm was because that is when the Novi 2000 came apart! What a f'ing bang and screaching noise while the motor came back down to idle!

With all the trouble we had over the course of a year we never really checked the pulley sizes. Spun it 10000 rpm over what it was rated for.............. At least the motor finally made power!

Moral to this story: Be prepared and bring some cold ones for the end of the session. You'll want them whether you have good or bad results.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just back from dropping the car off. I feel like shit.Been working in the rain all day, then I had to unload the car in the middle of the storm. We are getting the after effects of the big storm down south.But the good news is................I got a 12 pack of Budweiser to make me feel better:rolleyes: Should have the car back Saturday.Let you guys know how it went!

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
My biggest suggestion is TAKE YOUR TIME. Look at the data make changes 1 at a time. Remember rear wheel Hp will be less then motor Hp because of drive train losses so don't be disapointed. Beer after is always a good thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts