Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys Im looking for a little help, I am going to be installing strange front and rear brakes on my car in the next few weeks and I'd like to make sure I have everything i'm going to need before I start. I have both strange front and rear kits and the racecraft manual brake kit, Id like to convert over to 3/16" brake line throughout the car. I dont have a line lock or proportion valves yet Id like to goahead and plumb that while Im there. what all am I going to need?:confused:

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
-) Good tubing cutter.
-) Good double-flare tool.
-) Good tubing bender
-) Clamps to attach the new lines to the frame.
-) Some various fittings to connect to the line lock and proportioning valve, you should be able to get locally.

A few questions;
-) is this a conversion from power brakes to manual brakes?
If so and the master cylinder is in the stock location, you'll need to drill a new hole in the pedal to move the pushrod closer to the "pivot" to gain mechanical advantage (leverage). You're shooting for a pedal ratio of a min of 6:1

-) If you're installing the m/c below the height of the brake calipers, you'll need to install residual valves in both the front and rear circuits. For disc brakes, you'll need the 2lb residual valves.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Can't remember which one I have... I should have some parts left over.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
On all of our car's with the master under the floor. They caused issues... I've taken them out about two years ago and have had no problem's! But if you want one to try, I have Willwood Propotioning valves at the shop I'll sell ya cheap. Just PM me. Good Luck Brakes are alot of fun :rolleyes:

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
On all of our car's with the master under the floor. They caused issues... I've taken them out about two years ago and have had no problem's! But if you want one to try, I have Willwood Propotioning valves at the shop I'll sell ya cheap. Just PM me. Good Luck Brakes are alot of fun :rolleyes:
Curious .... were residual valves installed?

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
keeping master cylinder inm the stock foxbody location
Ok
If converting from power brakes to manual, keep in mind the pedal ratio will need to be improved for the manual brakes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.