Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
How many foundries does Edelbrock use?
I got a new super victor bbc intake and the work sucks.
Needs a lot of port work to clean up.
messy walls and uneven at both sides of the port throats if that’s correct language.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Mike isn’t that BS? How much time, effort and money did you have in that?

A little over ten years ago, their head selection was excellent. Had a Ford 390 which seem to always problems with threads on the manifold/headers, they were the only ones I could find a descent head for but did VJ them.They had heli coils in there from the start! Have had descent luck out of the sbc victor jr heads after a VJ
a friend bought 2 sets of Mopar big block heads from edelbrock a number of years ago and both needed valve jobs on a couple ports but worked excellent afterward.

·
Idiot Savant
163,063 Posts
Just to play devils advocate here...........Everybody blames these big Corporations for ruining everything but no one places any blame on these companies for selling out to them. Not like they're putting a gun to their head and making them sell.

To me the biggest problem when all of these small companies get bought up and placed under one big cooperate umbrella is that it kills competition and in turn innovation.
Here's what I learned. You can refuse to sell. Then you can watch them undercut you on cost, even selling at a loss, until they run you under. And all of your loyal customers will line up to buy the cheaper product.

And that, in a nutshell, is life.

·
35,249 Posts
Here's what I learned. You can refuse to sell. Then you can watch them undercut you on cost, even selling at a loss, until they run you under. And all of your loyal customers will line up to buy the cheaper product.

Painful truth there......

·
Registered
54,505 Posts

Mark I can make a case that you underpriced them, starting a long long time ago.

I always thought your stuff was priced too low.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
If it is private equity they will strip the company of equity and run as lean as possible to increase profits.

·
Registered
418 Posts
a friend bought 2 sets of Mopar big block heads from edelbrock a number of years ago and both needed valve jobs on a couple ports but worked excellent afterward.
I was looking at a vortec replacement/upgrade Etec 170/200, reports of tight valve stems and assembly grease that would impair oil flow being used, supposed to work well when breathed upon, but I wanted a bolt on part in the strictest sense and ended up with AFR.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Was and am a SBC guy, but was alway interested when Eddy came up with new or updated head to fill a niche, pontiac, olds, etc.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Doesn't Edelbrock make all the castings for Trick Flow too?

41 - 60 of 84 Posts