Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I hope this is true, I am sure it makes since with the taxation and cost of living for their employees that live in the golden state.

Steve

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Edelbrock headquarters, sales and engineering offices will remain in El Segundo. Foundry will remain in San Jacinto, CA. Only the distribution center will be relocated to Memphis/Olive Branch. This makes sense due to the central location and also the fact that major UPS hub is located within a couple of miles of the new distribution center. As I understand it, UPS will accept packages as late as 9:00 PM for next day delivery.
MAHLE Aftermarket distribution center is located in Olive Branch for the same reason.

·
Idiot Savant
162,829 Posts
As I understand it, Comp has the majority ownership in this deal.

I don't see a downside to it. Edelbrock is far too clunky, from the distributors standpoint so it seems to me it will be a net gain for us.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Actually Comp Performance Group was bought by Industrial Opportunity Partners , who also owns Edelbrock.
They are a private equity firm, and just like all private equity firms, they have one plan, and it's not good for the business they buy.
This same private equity firm has all but killed any product development at Edelbrock, and fired employees, including their head engineer.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Don't know what this private equity firm will do, but there seems to be a pattern with many private equity firms. They buy a company, take every dime out of it, and put nothing back into it, until it can no longer run, then file bankruptcy. Look at what happened to Crane. When they filed bankruptcy, most of their equipment was worn out, or broken. Many of their cam grinders were cannibalized for parts, to keep the other grinders running.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Mike, my partner just had a big shop tour of Comps operations in Tennessee. Won't get into details about it other then to say they said they do A LOT of cams in a day.

So if like your saying is the norm with these groups, who would be the next biggest cam grinder to take up for the comp supply if they falter, Bullet?

John

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Mike, my partner just had a big shop tour of Comps operations in Tennessee. Won't get into details about it other then to say they said they do A LOT of cams in a day.

So if like your saying is the norm with these groups, who would be the next biggest cam grinder to take up for the comp supply if they falter, Bullet?

John
Bet Comp/Lunati do 1000:1 to what Bullet puts out... ;)

Unless everyone swaps to electric racing, can't see investors destroying the bread and butter of the company.

·
Registered
14,578 Posts
Bet Comp/Lunati do 1000:1 to what Bullet puts out... ;)

Unless everyone swaps to electric racing, can't see investors destroying the bread and butter of the company.
They'll screw it up. They always do.

·
Idiot Savant
162,829 Posts
They buy these companies to package them for resale at a date certain. 7 years window for one of them.

Corporations will turn this back into a cottage industry....as soon as they can pull as much money out of it as they can.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Texas Speed actually owns their own OEM level cam grinder. I am sure they could put that to better use than what they are doing. Smart guys. The racing industry as far as it actually running because of the "cottage industry" . If we had to just run what the big guys put out, we wouldn't be having near as much fun.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts