Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a question...

I have a 12 bolt in my car with 35 spline Moser Axles. The axles have the long studs installed but they are the factory diameter. How do I go to a larger size stud?

Can I just knock these out, drill for a bigger stud, then install them or is there some special shit that we I have to do?

I fear that soon I will break these, and I want to eliminate that!

Seth

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
5/8 studs thread into the axle flange so you need to take them to a machine shop to get them modified.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Factory was 7/16". I sure hope you are using 1/2" minimum. You can call Moser about getting your axles threaded for 5/8" which is a very good idea. Some machine shops are better than others, and there is no room for "good enough" here. My Moser 35s came with both threaded patterns.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Find a machine shop that does oilfield work, an axle flange is basically like a pipe flange, if they can drill those correctly axle should be pretty basic.

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
Moser quoted me about 300 dollars to have my axles star flanged, gun drilled and 5/8 studs added. This is with their 33 spline axles for a 8.5 inch 10 bolt that I got new form them.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
moroso sells a 5/8 kit with studs,nuts and washers...if you have thin wheels strange and mark williams offer shorter studs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yea just send them to moser or strange. Strange charged me $80 to drill and tap the axles and $80 for the stud kit came with the 5/8 studs, washers and lug nuts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts