Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a lq9 for my 70 nova. Just wanted to know what you guys would use for intake and cam? Want something to cruise around in sounding good but still make good numbers. Not looking to make it a race car i have one of those already.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Budget build and stock heads?

I'd get an LS6 intake for EFI, can get those used for $200-300. Worth a solid tenth or more in simple NA builds.

If you are looking for a suggestion on where to get a cam from, I suggest Ron @ Vengeance Racing.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not against going carbed but prefer to stay fuel injected. Looking to see what you guys run for camshaft intake etc. What should i be looking for in rwhp through a stick?

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
General numbers, but figure stock engine maybe 320rwhp with headers, 330rwhp with an LS6 intake, and 390-400rwhp cam only.... I might be off a bit here and there. I'd say 425rwhp with ported heads is doable, and beyond that you you need an underdrive pulley and an electric water pump to try to hit 450rwhp.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
General numbers, but figure stock engine maybe 320rwhp with headers, 330rwhp with an LS6 intake, and 390-400rwhp cam only.... I might be off a bit here and there. I'd say 425rwhp with ported heads is doable, and beyond that you you need an underdrive pulley and an electric water pump to try to hit 450rwhp.

Thanks for the help. 450 would be cool. To hit the 500 mark it will need more compression and better heads?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts