Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Pontiac aficionado
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, see "UP North" that certain classes use a .500 tree instead of the .400 tree in a 10.0 index class.

Without getting into a foot brake situation....

How would "U" slow a car down with a .400 trans brake to a .500 class to run these classes. Not changing out the valve body.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Larger diameter front tires, more front suspension travel, let some air out of your front and or rear tires.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I use a slow acting button. Lower launch rpm for smaller adjustments. I also will press harder on the button if I think I will go red because of clouds or darkness. The best my car and myself can do in a .400 tree is .040.
Never tried it but, use your non dominant had release the button.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
My altered would go red on a .400 (.370?) pro tree/ I tried leaving on a .500 tree and nothing I did would work. I tried lowering the launch RPM, larger front tires with air almost out of air, I have aftermarket transmission case and had the transbrake release screwed all way in and long throw transbrake button with longest throw and lightest spring.

As far as I can tell if you can go red or .00X on a pro tree you are not going to be able to slow it enough to make a .500 light work for you with out a delay box. I gave up on it and went back to footbraking it for .500 tree.

·
Too Strong, For Too Long.
26,672 Posts
Scout the local shuffle board courts for a driver. Or ask granny if she'll lend you her bifocals on race day.

·
Registered
33,084 Posts
Scout the local shuffle board courts for a driver. Or ask granny if she'll lend you her bifocals on race day.
At least they would race.:-D

·
26,672 Posts
Scout bridge clubs and shuffle board courts for a driver.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,213 Posts
PLENTY of Super Gas cars running in Super Street because they can't hit the .370 Pro Tree (thanks Angelle!), and those cars are normally 8 second cars hitting the tree full blast, then using a throttle stop to slow the car down for 8.90.

So you have the opposite issue, you want to slow down the R/T. Need a loose front suspension, the tallest front tire you can fit in there, leaving at a lower rpm, less air pressure in the rear tires, etc.....

·
26,672 Posts
A twelve 12 pack of Bud Light and a 200ML bottle of Crown oughta get you there OP.

·
26,672 Posts
Wind the slick and a lot of front end travel. Tall tire rear, tall tire front.

·
26,672 Posts
Low pickup point/IC

·
Registered
69,311 Posts
Plenty of seat time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts