Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Saftey or Go fast

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cry me a river
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a true question . Why is it that some racers will spend 50k to go fast in a 10.5 car but not 5,000 to be safe in one ????????

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
I've wondered the same thing.

·
Yb word crew
1,109 Posts
id rather be safe.....you can still get hurt even going slow.....

·
T/S 368E
33,623 Posts

I've done some pretty stupid stuff. Hopefully we all learn before it's too late. As we all know, sometimes stuff just happens,
but that doesn't mean we should push our luck, or go looking for it.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
I have chossen speed over saftey a lot,but as I get older I'm spending more on saftey as well.

·
Cry me a river
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this comes from a local series going 1/8 becasue the cars need a new chassis cert and alot of the guys "can't afford" the chassis update BUT THEY CAN FUCKING SPEND 10,20,50K ON NEW MOTORS TO TRY TO CATCH THE LEADERS IN THE CLASS . Dont make a bit of sence to me .

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
goal #1 pass tech at the local track....then its safe enough right?
It sure would suck to get hit by some dumb ass who spent all his money on going fast instead of safety. Wiping your car out in the process.

·
It weighs how much????
1,629 Posts
this comes from a local series going 1/8 becasue the cars need a new chassis cert and alot of the guys "can't afford" the chassis update BUT THEY CAN FUCKING SPEND 10,20,50K ON NEW MOTORS TO TRY TO CATCH THE LEADERS IN THE CLASS . Dont make a bit of sence to me .
I'm sure plenty share your opinion....

Then there are those that don't....

I'd rather be safe and live to race another day

1 - 15 of 15 Posts