Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just would like some non biased opinions on wich system to go with fast, bs3, holley, ect. currently running a blow thru carb f1-r bbc on pump fuel car is mostly a street car but my goal is to run anything in the fives, 5.99 would suit me fine, oh and its non ic. I will probably do a water meth kit once I figure out what Im doing on the tuning end. any help would be appreciated

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,767 Posts
You are NOT going to get an unbiased opinion on that question.

We are all biased because of past and present experience. I've used a lot of systems and have my opinions on them.

If you know nothing about EFI then you should talk to people you know that do use EFI. No system is perfect, some are much easier to use than others. It's difficult being the only one out there with a system no one else around you is using UNLESS you are comfy with it.

Hell, I am one of the few people around here that Bracket Race with EFI, have been doing so for over 20 years, wouldn't have it any other way. Have two race cars with EFI, never raced with a carb.

So, I can't give you an un-biased opinion since Holley was nice enough to sponsor me with their stuff, but I highly recommend their new HP and Dominator systems to anyone getting into EFI. If it wasn't good I'd pull them off and put my trusty old DFI Gen 6 and Haltech stuff back in my two cars. Needless to say, the old stuff is collecting dust hanging on the wall with my old Classic FAST system. :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've done Megasquirt, HPTuners, and EFILive, and the new HP Dominator system (I've downloaded and played with the software) looks BY FAR to be the best of those.....It has nearly the flexibility of Megasquirt with a much more refined (easy to use) software interface.

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
I just would like some non biased opinions on wich system to go with fast, bs3, holley, ect. currently running a blow thru carb f1-r bbc on pump fuel car is mostly a street car but my goal is to run anything in the fives, 5.99 would suit me fine, oh and its non ic. I will probably do a water meth kit once I figure out what Im doing on the tuning end. any help would be appreciated
The first question I have is simple, are you going to be tuning the combo and learning the system, or will you have someone do it for you?

Some systems are much more user-friendly than others, which if you are going to do it would be the better place to start.

All 3 of the systems you listed are great, I have used and sell them all, but the comfort level is what is ultimately important in a situation like yours.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first question I have is simple, are you going to be tuning the combo and learning the system, or will you have someone do it for you?

Some systems are much more user-friendly than others, which if you are going to do it would be the better place to start.

All 3 of the systems you listed are great, I have used and sell them all, but the comfort level is what is ultimately important in a situation like yours.
yes, I will be tuning and learning and I would like a system that is easy to use and that I can grow into not out of, I have downloaded the xfi software and played around a little bit but I need some good reading material to really wrap my head around it, keep it coming I need all the advise I can get

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
What if any are guys at your local tracking running?
The reason I ask is because when you do run into a snag if others have the same system your more likely to find someone that might be able to help out.

BTW I agree with Mike. We all have our favorite for different reasons.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What if any are guys at your local tracking running?
The reason I ask is because when you do run into a snag if others have the same system your more likely to find someone that might be able to help out.

BTW I agree with Mike. We all have our favorite for different reasons.
I dont know anyone running aftermarket efi, but I wont be going it alone I have a ditributor that runs alot of procharged efi stuff that is going to help me get going, that I am buying all my parts thru. I have looked at all three systems I mentioned, and am leaning towards the bs3, evrything on the program seems to be relatively manageable I do have alot of experience tuning carbs, my ego will not allow me to have anyone tune for me lol, Ive got to be missing something here everything looks pretty cut and dry, but at the same time I do have alot of questions, thanks

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
as stated above...any of those mentioned will handle fuel and timing easily. any specific features you want or need to have? that's the area that begins to set each unit apart from another.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts