Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Holley for me and those needing more inputs/outputs can also look at the 6.86" and 12.3" Pro Dash to take up some of the slack plus they are good replacement for all your gauges and switches.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
What engine, what trans? If a simple old-school SBC, BBC, SBF, BBF, MOPAR, I would use a Holley HP and get your current intake modified for EFI and fuel rails made. Get a 1550cfm or larger TB is you actually have 800hp, a set of 66lb/hr injectors at the min, 120lb/hr at the most, if on race gas, NOT ALKY or E85, they require a lot more. If you plan on having an electronic trans, then it's time to look at the Dominator ECU, also if you want DBW.

Engine is 572 Chevrolet Crate engine, J & W Trans. 9" rear. I am trying to build a 9 sec street car. I am done with drag only cars. Want something I can enjoy long distance but still run high 9 seconds in quarter. The goal is to do Dragweek or Power Tour with my Dad. My 572 is 9.6 to 1 from Chevrolet advertised 625 horsepower. My car is steel street car 3"x2" frame with 4 link and 33x22x15 tires. She is Heavy but I want steel not tin. Want to be able to talk to passenger. Car has been in storage for 15 years. I lost everything in a divorce but I did get my kids and my car. Now its almost time for me to get my car going. Kids are grown and its my turn :) but damn its adding up. Racepak Dash, Racepak Street smartwire, Dominator ECU...…..I really want to go EFI but its expensive. Thanks everyone for the advice and opinions.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,779 Posts
You don't need the Racepak stuff, I would go with a Holley Dash if that's the look you want. A Holley HP would suit your needs. Plenty of dealers on here, I would work with one of them, I can also direct you to some. Most good tuners will set you up with a base tune to get you running and can do remote tuning for you if they aren't local. Buying from Summit/Jegs may or may not save you some money, but you will get no tech support from them.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Yer gonna need a few more horsepower if you go with the Holley Dominator. It's go to be the aftermarket's heaviest ECU, by a long shot.
In fact, I think that's why PS cars slowed down the first year with EFI... :)

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Yer gonna need a few more horsepower if you go with the Holley Dominator. It's go to be the aftermarket's heaviest ECU, by a long shot.
In fact, I think that's why PS cars slowed down the first year with EFI... :)
lol. the dominator is indeed heavy
but just for the record, PS uses the HP box

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I am not worried about the weight of the Dominator, I dont want to buy an HP ecu and then 2 years i am making more horsepower and now the ecu needs to be upgraded. i Spent $1500 on fuel system so in the future I can build more power, I hate buying things twice.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,779 Posts
I am not worried about the weight of the Dominator, I dont want to buy an HP ecu and then 2 years i am making more horsepower and now the ecu needs to be upgraded. i Spent $1500 on fuel system so in the future I can build more power, I hate buying things twice.
The HP and Dominator ECM's have no real limitation to the horsepower they can control, unless multiple sets of injectors are needed. Just remember if you want two widebands and/or a lot of I/O then go with the Dominator ECM now so you aren't trying to sell the HP later.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts