Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to switch to EFI but lots of kits.Pro's and Con's? 800 horsepower street car. I see Super Sniper kits? Anyone have experience with Holley EFI? Dominator seems like overkill for a street/strip car. Don't need 30 inputs but most other kits only good to 600 horsepower. Thank You.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I put a 4500 Sniper on mine, so far very happy with it. Fairly steep learning curve from carbs, but not that hard. Buy some good books, read the Holley forums, download the software and play around with it to get the feel of it. Had only 1 chance to take mine out to play so far, did some driving around to populate the self learn tables. Learned very quick, starts like a champ, driveabilty is good.

Good wiring, connections, grounds and avoiding EMI. Do that and most likely you wont have trouble.

Do it, you wont regret it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You , just don't think the Sniper stuff will support higher horsepower. I have the fuel system to handle 1500 horsepower and don't want to keep upgrading if I add power. The EFI will help with drive ability and would like to be able to adjust everything on a laptop someday.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I have a Holley Dominator on my 850 hp street car and love it- yes, it has way more capability than I can use (I got it because of my 4L80E), but it works awesome -I did have help with start-up from an online tuner (which I thought was well worth the money), but am very pleased -Car starts with the turn of the key, with no hiccups -I would definitely do it again -

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I've had FAST XFI, now Holley HP. Holley wins,no contest. Think hard about the IO,I wish that I just bought the Dom, always wanting/needing more.

And go EFI, you'll love it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank You everyone, I cant find any good videos that included all the little details. How to connect to computer on older cars. I know you need to get obd2 type connectors. Looks like I need to research some more.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a holley hp for performance and a sniper for retro-fit. I will be installing a ls terminator in our c-10 shop truck this summer
Holley for me.

·
Registered
16,200 Posts
Do not underestimate the value of the extra i/o in the dominator. My street car has more sensor's on it than I ever imagined I would need/want
. Do not be surprised when you go flying past your goal of a legit 9.90 street car. My legit 9.90 street car has gone 8.74 to date, and still has a tick more in it. Just remember, when you move the goal posts, you will find all the weak links in your combo! As well, do not underestimate the cost of your fuel system!

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,619 Posts
What engine, what trans? If a simple old-school SBC, BBC, SBF, BBF, MOPAR, I would use a Holley HP and get your current intake modified for EFI and fuel rails made. Get a 1550cfm or larger TB is you actually have 800hp, a set of 66lb/hr injectors at the min, 120lb/hr at the most, if on race gas, NOT ALKY or E85, they require a lot more. If you plan on having an electronic trans, then it's time to look at the Dominator ECU, also if you want DBW.

If you have an LS, then that's another story, but I am sure you would have already mentioned that.

·
Registered
23,597 Posts
Holley HP is doable , and thats what I have . But is there times I wish I could have more inputs and outputs ? Sure

If you can afford going Dominator , do it .

And if you ever plan on running twin turbos , its a no brainer as the HP can only run one O2 sensor

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And if you ever plan on running twin turbos , its a no brainer as the HP can only run one O2 sensor
[/QUOTE]

Thats a good point, never though of that. Its just getting carried away. Racepak Street dash, Racepak Street smartwire and then throw Holley Dominator ECU ......

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want to do Dragweek, really wanted to do this with my Dad but afterr hearing how grueling it is maybe I will do Power Tour with him.

She has a 383 SBC with a D1SC Procharger. We have 2 years on the sniper and about 150 1/4 mile passes and she did Drag Week 2019 with it. Car has been 9.72 at 140 on pump gas with the Sniper, it's a really capable unit.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts