Yellow Bullet Forums banner

101 - 120 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
19,479 Posts
Looking good-I built a couple frame garages using a monolithic slab, poured the footings and slab in one pour-they used to
let you do it using 24" footings as opposed to 36" if using block for footings
I wish I had put plumbing for a shiter when I built mine, but then you have to add on to your septic tank, and a bunch of other
stuff-I am in the woods, so easy to just piss out side

·
Registered
716 Posts
I wish I had put plumbing for a shiter when I built mine, but then you have to add on to your septic tank, and a bunch of other
stuff-I am in the woods, so easy to just piss out side
Lol, I think we have the same plumber:)

Op, good luck with your project.

·
draggin' ass
13,392 Posts
Very cool! Please let us know what this bad boy will run once its all done. Did you pour a special thick place for a lift?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Well, now that the rain has stopped being a bastard, I managed to get one step closer to moving forward. I got the power cables buried. Worked 13 hours and came home to get this done. I'm beat today, but glad it is done. Now I can grade some wash out to the slab and get some rental equipment on there to stand everything up and move along with the build.

House got a couple inches of water in it from this last rain a few weeks ago. Shit was the worst I have ever seen here in this neighborhood in 9 years.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Finally. After being bashed by rain non stop down here in the Houston are, I have inched my way to grading the left side of the shop. Screw the right side for now. I can get the equipment needed to stand this bastard up. The wash out has been 250$ a load and is pretty bad ass. As this pic shows, it has not hAd any sun shine since I spread this stuff, literally in the down pour on Wednesday. So, being as I don't sink walking on it, I need a few days sunshine to let it set and a few days to be able to erect the frame work. But, it is thundering at the moment so don't expect an update again with progress any time soon. Just glad I can use the slab at all.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Going to do some type of spray in insulation. A friend has some deep freeze padding I can have when he is done that seems to be pretty good but won't be enough.

·
Registered
8,284 Posts
Bad ass man. Sorry you guys are getting killed with rain. I still guess it's better than drought? Maybe?

I'm starting slab work on my garage extension. Adding onto my 3 car garage, making it a 5 car, but not for fun stuff, just work, tired of paying for a storage unit.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I have so muchbshitnto do and so many others waiting on me so I can build their vehicles that the rain at this point has cost me many more thousands. It's life.

·
11,420 Posts
Weather has been unreal out in Texas. Best of luck getting it built. Hope the weather can hold off

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have a 16 foot peak 3700 SQ feet 4 offices bath room shower, and complete up stairs finished above the offices.. I would suggest that you run as much of the light low as you can, add ceiling fans. Even el cheap version that you can use a 3 way switch to reverse rotation. Get the air lines run when they are doing the over head stuff.. The lift is there and even if you have to do it after they are done , Figure it out.. Running that stuff after the fact is a mother.. Plan where you want to 220 plugs MIN of 4 .. Stub off many 110 out lets as well. I spent more money doing ti later and adding to the deal.. Buy a BIG fuse panel , Leave room for add on's later.. I put my compressor out side in a Handi cap porta pottie .. Works killer and is vented water proof .. BTW the shitter was brand new and it was free so no cost and no stink .

As well add a few pots in the floor for pulling on things.. Seems silly but man they come in handy. It will be all worth it !!!!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Going to run all my electrical, probably try for 6 220 outlets, plenty of 110 and have the wiring ready for the lift before it is even time to install. Only going to run a 100 amp service at the shop since I have power coming from the 200 amp service form the house. Compressor will have a house outside in the back left corner. I'll pour a pad for it and build a house for it. Going to run PVC for all the outlets in the shop.

Thanks for the advice man.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
You said north of Kingwood is where your at? Porter new caney area I'm guessing. I'm not far in Cleveland and will be building before to long.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
My cousin works at a co. That does commercial spray on insulation. They did the George r brown convention center and abunch of restaurants in and around Houston.

101 - 120 of 181 Posts