Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get my husband a go pro to mount on his car when racing. What have been the best ones you guys use?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Get one with a remote or even operate from & view on your phone. I use the remote from the drivers seat, starting and stopping the video. Prevents recording ride back 2 thevpit or to the line

·
NITROUS OUTLET FTW
5,793 Posts
I use the 7 Silver for riding my sled. mounted to my helmet. takes nice clear video. the black is where it's at though. more features and battery packs instead of internal battery of the silver and white hero 7's.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
im also looking at getting my first go-pro for the race car

there is a handful of them , im on fence of the new black 7 or the black 6

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I don't have a go-pro, but I've had a Replay XD for a while. Only real complaint about it I have is that audio is tempermental, requires some adjusting the gain sometimes, and battery life is decent. I like about it, is that it's very low profile, and works good for putting on the outside of the car, and is less likely to get blown backwards like a go-pro does if using a suction mount.

I bought some bar mounts, and put it inside the race car, that's where the audio gain comment came from (with a weldon electric pump in the rear (underside of the car), it almost blew all the audio out until I turned the gain down). With the bar mounts it took a little time getting things aligned good and getting the card in/out of the back of the camera were the only real issues I've had.

With only a suction mount on the rear hatch of a car that tagged the wall (back in 2014), the camera was rock solid and didn't go flying off or anything.

Video of the crash from my camera:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't have a go-pro, but I've had a Replay XD for a while. Only real complaint about it I have is that audio is tempermental, requires some adjusting the gain sometimes, and battery life is decent. I like about it, is that it's very low profile, and works good for putting on the outside of the car, and is less likely to get blown backwards like a go-pro does if using a suction mount.

I bought some bar mounts, and put it inside the race car, that's where the audio gain comment came from (with a weldon electric pump in the rear (underside of the car), it almost blew all the audio out until I turned the gain down). With the bar mounts it took a little time getting things aligned good and getting the card in/out of the back of the camera were the only real issues I've had.

With only a suction mount on the rear hatch of a car that tagged the wall (back in 2014), the camera was rock solid and didn't go flying off or anything.

Video of the crash from my camera:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCCTLx5naFw
Damn brother you get into your own fluids??

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have an older Sony HDR-AS100V Action Cam. It has WiFi capability so I can control it with my phone or a remote that came with it. It does the job. Video quality is good enough and sound quality is pretty good too. In this video below I didn't have it mounted very tightly so it was rattling on the roll cage a little.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts