Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 9yr lil nephew wants a go cart so i told his dad i would go in on it or build it for him..were not looking for nothing crazy fast or race just a lil fun toy intill he maybe wants to step up to a fast one an racing (who knows)..want ever we get him or build him ill have a gov on it at first so it dont run fast seeing hes never run go karts or dirt bikes before..

His dad found a frame on craigslist but the frame looks old and beat up so i would rather get him on something fresh or make him one.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep thats what im looking for just to build him a solid piece that i know is safe..his b day was yesterday and they had a bounce house at my sisters and wll this morning he got the bright idea to jump off the top of it and fractured his ankle..i told him to roll from no on when jumping from high shit so it transfers the energy threw out him

·
Registered
677 Posts
4cycle.com The yellowbullet for go karting. Everything you want to know is in there.

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
Ive been looking for a kart for my son for last 6 months I went to swap meets found alot of stuff but nothing worth the $$ they wanted. I was in sears for some garden stuff i seen a razor electric cart, for like 200. Its nothing wicked fast and electric seems simple enough just for him to knock around. It sucks because it wont go on grass of course but I got to find a lot empty so he can let it rip some.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gokartgalaxy.com

empirekarts.com

here's my kart, using a honda 200x ATC engine, fun cheap toy to blast around the neighborhood.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdw-lng26As
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rWwWxOVHgA&feature=related
man thats badass..i might have to build me that so i can go cruiseing with him just i would make it in off road form..lol

yeah i seen alot of road karts..i got trials an stuff next to my place an im sure he will be doing some off roading so im looking for one with some ground clearance..i know i could stick some huge tires on it and air them down and get away with it..

·
green to go
2,147 Posts
buy a used roller ....its cheaper in the long run. i bought a used dirt/asphalt roller for my kid a few years back....think it was 4 or 5 years old at the time for around 350. has a rebuilt 5hp on it with a left over noram clutch, from years back...not sure what the clutches are up to cost wise , but for a kid playing around , i like the noram's rebuildability and adjustability........

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Heres a little 6.5 hp Greyhound engine (Harbor Freight) action.....the wheels, tubes, tires, clutch, chain all came from Northern Tool - found an old frame.

Now I gotta find me one...the boy's having too much fun !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts