Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
They have gone 3.90 since then ;)
John L rolled a 1200 hp ecotec drag car which ended his career way too early. Lots of potential in this little 4 pot, I picked up a saturn sky redline really cheap. Interested in turbo upgrade options. I've looked at the "standard vendors" and I'm not paying 2k for a weenie turbo. I thought about wheel upgrades to the stocker as they are cheap (about 800) but I'm really interested in doing is a 500+ hp turbo

going with zzp cams, ported heads, upgraded springs, forged pistons and molnar rods, stock forged crank

Interested in adding the upper block girdle or maybe pouring a bit of hard block up top. Block is pretty strong and gen3 and up will take 500 hp pretty ez Going with upgraded liners is very pricey but will allow much higher cyl pressure. I initially bought my sky to LS swap it, but the little turbo is a kick and the wife likes to drive it so a 800 hp monster isn't the build plan.

stock drivetrain seems to have about a 320 hp at the tire limit with stick, maybe a bit more with the auto (I'll find out! mine is slush box) Factory tranny is not that great (auto or stick).

Modern camaro stuff is WAY better. I'm also interested in the new "caddy" and truck turbo 2.7 gm just built. Starts out a 310 or so and hopefully is still a strong short block

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I got my wife's car back from ZZPERFORMANCE. We were really happy with the car's performance, idle quality, daily drivabilty, and brute power. Thier parts are very high quality and the way they handled the installation and dyno tune were top notch. Turbo Tim has helped me since with additional suggested purchases and tunes for my HP tuner.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm going to check out turbo tim to help me with my t3/t4 turbos. Need advice on a decently priced turbo for my little redline sky Most of the stuff I like that will support 500 hp is near 2k for bolt on which is too much!! I thought about having turbo tim put in some bigger wheels and I have a tune and call it a day. It's the car for the Ms and 400 hp will be plenty to make her hair stand up!!

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,649 Posts
put a billet t76 on it.ebay $250..they are 76/65 t4 deals or a gt3582,alot of the 4 banger guys use them.their like $135 on ebay

21 - 28 of 28 Posts