Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which intake is better for a set of cnc'd l92's?? thanks fo any info...

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Edelbrock is a little better. Mast is the stuff if you have the $$

Tim

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Registered
51 Posts
On my wifes car we had the gmpp one first then switched to the vic jr, we picked up almost 20 at the tires on motor and 35 to the tires on nitrous changing nothing else.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
On my wifes car we had the gmpp one first then switched to the vic jr, we picked up almost 20 at the tires on motor and 35 to the tires on nitrous changing nothing else.
Thats alot! What kind of hp are you making and how many rpm you turning?

·
Registered
51 Posts
It was a 13:1 408 both intakes untouched nitrous cam and converter the car made 442 with ported l92 heads and gmpp with a ultra low profile elbow, we switched to the vic jr and the reg low profile elbow before retuning and it made 461 after tuning it was right at 470. Car picked up .4 on motor after intake swap and tune. The corner runners on the gmpp are about twice as long as the center runners and really messes up nitous flow. Was only turning motor to 6800 it was a hydro cam so really no need to turn it up higher then that, no real power picked up. We picked up hp all over the graph except under 3k, which we had a 4000 stall leaving on the brake so that really didnt matter at all anyways.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I think some of those results have to be due to the elbow. Going from a ultra low profile to low profile will affect how the intake works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts