Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAE JUST INSTALLED A FRESH MOTOR IN A 1999 YUKON AND NOW IT WILL NOT SPIN OVER :confused: .... THE STARTER CHECKES OUT GOOD , BATTERY CHARGED UP , ALL FUSES CHECK OUT , ING RELAY AND ING SWITCH CHANGED OUT FOR NEW .... I DO NOTICE THAT THE SECURITY LIGHT IS STAYING LIT UP ON THE DASH ANY IDEAS

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YEA THE GAUGES RESET , FULE PUMP CYCLES , JUST WONT SPIN OVER .... IT WAS RUNNING WHEN I PULLED THE OLD ONE OUT SAME ECU , NO PINCHED WIRES , HAVE POWER TO THE RELAY BUT NOTHING COMING OUT OF IT GOING TO THE STARTER

·
Creepy Ass ******
5,801 Posts
Def sounds like a nuetral safety switch deal. The security systems in those do not affect the starter, only the fuel pump. Make sure the trans is in park and the shifter cable didn't get snagged.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Def sounds like a nuetral safety switch deal. The security systems in those do not affect the starter, only the fuel pump. Make sure the trans is in park and the shifter cable didn't get snagged.
Big difference in "starter checks out" and the starter cranking over when he turns the key, and he has stated it will NOT spin over.

VATS is probably the worst thing ever and can die at any given moment. Parked my car after work one day, next morning I came out and had to do the VATS bypass.

What happens is the locking cylinder wears out and cant read the resistor on the GM keys.

A quick test/fix, ohm out the resistor on your key, then head up to radioshack and grab a resistor of about the same amount, and then find this connector under your dash and slide the resistor pins all the way down the connector from the side without the clip on it.

Much easier than replacing the cylinder and finding out its not the problem.

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/xSeiferx/?action=view&current=2012-06-06_19-58-28_32.jpg

·
Registered
276 Posts
Half bullshit.

If it did come with new keys, and hes using the new one, then that is the problem.

Try using your old keys.

And if your old keys don't fit the lock, then you have to get a new key cut with your old resistor setting.

Or just do the damn resistor mod.

·
Registered
32 Posts
vats wont effect the crank only the run,those trucks have 2 positive cables one that powers the truck and one for the starter only,probably bad connection,check the big lug on the starter for power with a test light before you go nuts.

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
Half bullshit.

If it did come with new keys, and hes using the new one, then that is the problem.

Try using your old keys.

And if your old keys don't fit the lock, then you have to get a new key cut with your old resistor setting.

Or just do the damn resistor mod.
you have lost your mind do you tell customers that stuff i hope you dont lie like that

·
Registered
276 Posts
Have any of you ever had a VATS issue on a a newer GM?

When you put the key in and go to accessory, the fuel pump primes. (Ut oh, a lot of people eating their words here, if you doubt me I'll be so happy to pull up the 100+ VATS threads that mention this.))

ALL lights come on as normal, gauge comes on as normal but the security light stays on, and then you turn the key forward and..... nothing happens.

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
Have any of you ever had a VATS issue on a a newer GM?

When you put the key in and go to accessory, the fuel pump primes. (Ut oh, a lot of people eating their words here, if you doubt me I'll be so happy to pull up the 100+ VATS threads that mention this.))

ALL lights come on as normal, gauge comes on as normal but the security light stays on, and then you turn the key forward and..... nothing happens.
The key has nothing to do with that on these ..sorry ..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts