Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya, have a 2003 bravada(trailblazer/envoy etc) had a leaking power steeing line from a pinhole. Worked fine other than leak. I repaired the line and now no power steering? I have fluid pumping just not at pressure. What could I have done wrong? There are no kinks in the line or debris that I can tell. Could a pressure valve or similar in the pump be stuck or not working now? A little stumped here as all I did was repair the line and now no pressure. Thanks in advance!!

·
Cut me in or cut it out!
2,650 Posts
Hiya, have a 2003 bravada(trailblazer/envoy etc) had a leaking power steeing line from a pinhole. Worked fine other than leak. I repaired the line and now no power steering? I have fluid pumping just not at pressure. What could I have done wrong? There are no kinks in the line or debris that I can tell. Could a pressure valve or similar in the pump be stuck or not working now? A little stumped here as all I did was repair the line and now no pressure. Thanks in advance!!
Did you replace a hose? If so did you use real power steering hose? If you just used fuel hose or something else the inside of hose could have swelled and is restricting the fluid?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I double flared and used a flare union. I found the issue, the pressure valve was stuck in the pump. Tapped on it and now I have pressure and steering lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts