Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy has a 2007 Tahoe with DTS U0102.

Transmission selector switch is not lighting up, and the transfer case won't shift into neutral or any 4WD.

Can you give us a hint on what to check? Dealer said Transfer Case Control Module.

Found other sources online saying it could (key word, COULD) be the dash switch, wiring harness, or actuator in the transfer case.

Where should we start first with your experience?

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's been 4 years since I was at a dealership but used to a U code was a communication code. The different modules "talk" to each other, and a U code was a break down in that circuit. Could be a module,or wire,or connector problem.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
If i remember correctly the t-case module and the actuator are the same thing. Its mounted on the side of the transfer case.It been a while so i may be wrong

·
Registered
407 Posts
Do you have a scanner or just a code reader? With the Tech2 scanner you can command the transfer case into each gear. The trans indicator on the dash is an indication that there is a wiring problem or power problem. Check the harness going to the transmission and the transfer case. The Transfer Case Module is not on the case. It's behind the dash. The modules have problems but usually a code will be given for a bad module such as a motor circuit code or transfer case lock code.

·
Get you some
3,419 Posts
Do you have a scanner or just a code reader? With the Tech2 scanner you can command the transfer case into each gear. The trans indicator on the dash is an indication that there is a wiring problem or power problem. Check the harness going to the transmission and the transfer case. The Transfer Case Module is not on the case. It's behind the dash. The modules have problems but usually a code will be given for a bad module such as a motor circuit code or transfer case lock code.
Treed me

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
any snap shot data of the conditions that set the code?

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He paid 100.00 to the local GM dealership to have it diagnosed. The invoice shows "TCCM" as the failure point in the index.

I had him stop by Auto Zone on the way home tonight to get the code from their scanner.

Would it be safe to assume that the dealer is correct with their 100.00 diagnostic?

They wanted 600.00 to repair it, but I've found used modules online much cheaper.

·
Registered
407 Posts
The transfer case module would not give a no indicator for the shifter position. you can get a used module from a junk yard and just plug it in. I still think you have a wiring or power problem

·
Registered
844 Posts
1. Turn the key off. Check the resistance at the DLC between pins 6 a Tan/Black wire and pin 14 a Tan wire.

2. If the resistance is 60 +/- 5 ohms, verify the power and ground supplies to the TCCM.

3. If OK, replace the TCCM. Programming is required after replacement.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
just looked on all data and it shows the module on drivers side inner fender by radiator.it also states it needs to be programmed.hope this helps

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
fuckin treed. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The transfer case module would not give a no indicator for the shifter position. you can get a used module from a junk yard and just plug it in. I still think you have a wiring or power problem
We get a shifter indicator (P/R/N/D/Etc)... It's the light on the 2WD/N/4H/4L that is out.

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1. Turn the key off. Check the resistance at the DLC between pins 6 a Tan/Black wire and pin 14 a Tan wire.

2. If the resistance is 60 +/- 5 ohms, verify the power and ground supplies to the TCCM.

3. If OK, replace the TCCM. Programming is required after replacement.
Sorry to be ignorant, but this is a new car, and I'm not up on all the abbreviations...

What's a "DLC"???

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
We get a shifter indicator (P/R/N/D/Etc)... It's the light on the 2WD/N/4H/4L that is out.
my wifes tahoe does the same thing no light on the dash indicating gear selection for transfer case.it is an intermitent issue which does not affect tranfer case operation entirely.put a module in it and be done.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sorry. I misunderstood Replace the TCCM and be done with it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts