Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandparents (live just outside Denver) have a 2004 or so Malibu with 75k miles. Both driver side turn signals (in the head light assembly) have melted on the top. As in the amber casing the the bulbs have a burned hole on the uper side of the casing.... he could not find and recall's on this but found a few people on the net that had the same issue.

My Ex has a VW bug that had a short in the passenger side headlight and I noticed a lot of cars had the same problem so I took it in and they replaced it and said it was a short. I don't think it was even a warrenty issue.

Does anyone know if there is a recall on this or if the dealers replace them? They are fairly cheap to replace but why unsless you know they will not melt again???

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
I have seen that a time or two.....I was able to get a goodwill repair for my customer. If your grandparents are good customers there, the service manager should be able to get both sides replaced at no charge to them. All you can do is ask!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen that a time or two.....I was able to get a goodwill repair for my customer. If your grandparents are good customers there, the service manager should be able to get both sides replaced at no charge to them. All you can do is ask!

He does all his own work as much as he can so I don't know how often he is there but he said he was going to go talk to them about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts