Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to hire some GM techs in the East Texas area. I have a lot of customer pay work. Our average customer pay RO is 3.4 hrs. I can upsell a lot more work, just don't have the manpower. Please reply if interested.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Good luck finding some help man. It is hard to find a good tech in these areas that will do a job right. Unfortunately there are alot of people that claim to know it, but you won't find out if they do/don't until they have most likely cost you alot of money. I'm a Ford tech in Orange, Tx, I live in Buna. What dealer are you looking for help at?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am the Service and Parts Director at Yates Buick GMC in Henderson. It is very hard to find someone that actually is a tech, not a guessing parts changer.

·
e85 & injection guru
5,391 Posts
most "real "A techs find a home where they get paid to do real diag and chase problems and wont leave . it takes a really good writer and organization to stand up and tell the customer it's 1.0 hr for the initial check out and we will give you a firm estimate on what it will take to find and fix your problem . unfortinatly as with most domestic brands now days they dont pay someone to find a problem ,only replace parts. so it is a best guess and hope it dont come back . alot of "real" A techs have been forced to work like this as flat rate warranty and crappy service wrters have made this the only way to get paid .
good luck in your search but if your serious about it you will most likely have to steal him away with $$$$ .all the good ones around my way have flown the coop and are indy now or wont leave . go outside the box and get a young guy from a closed chysler store with a good head on his shoulders and make him your guy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts