Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend bought his daughter a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am. 2x's now he has had the car not start due to security. He has had to do the 10 minute reset thing with the ignition on I believe. He does not think the car has the original key and it does not have a keychain door opener on it. He said the security light on the radio is on or flashing??? Any help on what it may be or how to keep it from happening. Thanks

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
My friend bought his daughter a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am. 2x's now he has had the car not start due to security. He has had to do the 10 minute reset thing with the ignition on I believe. He does not think the car has the original key and it does not have a keychain door opener on it. He said the security light on the radio is on or flashing??? Any help on what it may be or how to keep it from happening. Thanks
could be the b.c.m going bad

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
have seen the bcm go bad or if the bcm loses power, that will happen. both theft and radio are looked at by the bcm. did one were the problem was in the lock cyl itself. rare but possible.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Get new lock cylinder with keys. Problem solved.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Check codes in the BCM, Likely a pass-lock failure B2960. Change the pass-lock and cylinder at the same time.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pass lock and cylinder is just the ignition switch and stuff in the column right?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Pass lock sensor(ignition switch) is problem, radio security light will flash normal, has nothing to do with the no start problem:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts